Season 4...what was awaiting us?

Rate this topic

Guest the_judge

what a great disscussion topic.

my thoughts on if there was a season 4, i think Carter would do something similar he did with The X-Files. He brought back Pusher....Tooms.....and Donnie Pfaster. I would of love to see more of Del Boxer-Allistar Pepper-Yaponchik and of course Avatar to wreak more havoc

Guest Jim McLean

my thoughts on if there was a season 4, i think Carter would do something similar he did with The X-Files. He brought back Pusher....Tooms.....and Donnie Pfaster. I would of love to see more of Del Boxer-Allistar Pepper-Yaponchik and of course Avatar to wreak more havoc

I think hypothetically - if there was any continuation of Millennium, I'm sure it would be with Frank Black, not the Group - even if it was still called Millennium! However, I agree that those popular and interest characters would pop up again, basically the successful concepts or the ones that could be easily accessed by the audience. I don't think the Group itself was popular enough with Carter (in its final inception), nor is it immediately accessible, or topically relevant. But those elements which did work, Lucy Butler, Avatar and even Group member Peter Watts if CC could afford him would probably return - and welcome they would be, neither requiring oodles of backstory but offering strong dynamic characters to build new stories with.

Edited by Jim McLean

Guest Laurent.

I don't really have the time to participate in your discussion but I just wanted to throw in a quote from Chip Johannessen:

"What we were trying to do later on was go to something that was a little more – we had a secret manifesto, actually. The first one was mankind is racing toward an apocalypse of its own making, so it was going to become more political. And we never got there because, even though it would have made all the sense in the world to have something called 'Millennium' actually get to the millennium, we ended up some months shy of that."

I would have liked to see how that would played out. Millennium always used its show to pass a certain moral, question or commentary on individuals and human characters. Yet they never went really far into more sociological analysis of our society or even Mankind (and human nature) as a seven billion population. Most of their End Time scenarios were either religious, technological or natural. What about overpopulation, famine, nuclear warfare.... ?

Guest peas_and_corn

Being a *little* picky, but Tooms (the sequel to Squeeze) is in the first season of The X Files, not the fourth.

Guest Laurent.

I don't think he meant to say that those X-Files characters were brought back during the fourth season (none of them were: Pusher= 3 and 5, Tooms= 1 and 1, Pfaster= 2 and 7)... just that it would have been great to see some characters from stand-alone episodes revisit the show like they did in some of The X-Files. Because it sure worked out well in Lucy Butler's case!!

Edited by Laurent.

I don't think he meant to say that those X-Files characters were brought back during the fourth season (none of them were: Pusher= 3 and 5, Tooms= 1 and 1, Pfaster= 2 and 7)... just that it would have been great to see some characters from stand-alone episodes revisit the show like they did in some of The X-Files. Because it sure worked out well in Lucy Butler's case!!

thanks for the interpatation.........lol

Guest the_judge

Potentially, I think the show could have kept running in a stand alone/ main arc format with slight changes.

I would have hoped for a 'back to basics' approach in terms of the stand alone episodes. With Carter back, whos to say we couldnt have been given more of the majestry displayed in the Pilot?

Also, in terms of a new mytharc, the Chip quote is interesting, as it suggests the Millenial fear could have manifested itself in another way. In season 1, we were exposed to the 'evil' of man itself, not the greater concept of it as a larger force, and thus this 'man-made apocalypse' Chip cites would adhere nicely to the dark nature of the first season (that is, the worsening condition of the nature of man). This would in turn create a fresh storyline which would nevertheless still adhere to the whole 'Millennium' concept which was pushed so strongly in the second season.

Essentially, what I am suggesting is a hybrid (although a strict standalone/ mytharc format does seem highly X-filian, but hey, it worked for them) which would allow for the more positive elements of everything the show every conjured to co-exist, albeit with modifications.

Sorry if that was vague, I am extremely tired.