For We Are Many

Rate this topic

ethsnafu

"And He asked him, What is thy name? And he the demons answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many"

“The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world”

Max Born

Quick Reference List

DANIELLE BARBAKOW

MR. CROCELL

TAMARA SHUI FA LEE

TERESA ROE

PURDUE

THE POLAROID STALKER

Greetings all,

To my mind this topic is a natural evolution from a number of discussions of late that have touched, tentatively or otherwise, upon the exalted 'Legion Mytharc'. My first musing was that this would take the form of a simple poll, a method to eke a consensus from members with regards to which characters we felt had a legitimate claim to this arc but additional dilation has made me wonder if this could be something a little more concise. 'Thisiswhoweare.net' contains a fabulous rove through the mytharc and presents a list of those souls considered to comprise it and whilst it is not my intention that we discuss the validity of this list it is certainly fertile ground for creative critique. There appears to be little value in throwing the likes of Butler and Pepper into the fray here: characters who were evidently components of the arc and lacked only a gaudy neon sign to confirm it but a recent chatter threw speculation not only on the characters suggested for inclusion from Season Two but whether the Legion mytharc was even depicted during this season at all. I must admit I find it wonderfully controversial if not a little inscrutable that TIWWA.net chose to reason that Purdue was a valid component of the arc yet seemingly sheds The Polaroid Stalker from the conglomerate - but that in essence is what this thread is designed to do. Provoke thought and encourage debate and more importantly expand upon some wonderful ideas from Moriaty and Laredo that have pretty much kept the old 'grey matter' zzzz-humming-zzzz ever since.

So simply, and simply is a word that sticks in my throat, do you believe there is a case for or against the continued exploration of the Legion mytharc in Season Two and more importantly which characters do you feel carried forth the nefarious modus operandi of the Legion avatars depicted in Season One?

Of course I have thoughts on this but I'm trying to keep my initial 'verbose' contribution to a palatable level but rest assured I will follow your lead and throw my usual rubbish into the mix should anyone whish to pick this up which I really hope you will as I'm running our of Ibuprofen zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Best wishes to all as always,

Eth

"And He asked him, What is thy name? And he the demons answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many"

"The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world"

Max Born

Quick Reference List

DANIELLE BARBAKOW

MR. CROCELL

TAMARA SHUI FA LEE

TERESA ROE

PURDUE

THE POLAROID STALKER

Greetings all,

To my mind this topic is a natural evolution from a number of discussions of late that have touched, tentatively or otherwise, upon the exalted 'Legion Mytharc'. My first musing was that this would take the form of a simple poll, a method to eke a consensus from members with regards to which characters we felt had a legitimate claim to this arc but additional dilation has made me wonder if this could be something a little more concise. 'Thisiswhoweare.net' contains a fabulous rove through the mytharc and presents a list of those souls considered to comprise it and whilst it is not my intention that we discuss the validity of this list it is certainly fertile ground for creative critique. There appears to be little value in throwing the likes of Butler and Pepper into the fray here: characters who were evidently components of the arc and lacked only a gaudy neon sign to confirm it but a recent chatter threw speculation not only on the characters suggested for inclusion from Season Two but whether the Legion mytharc was even depicted during this season at all. I must admit I find it wonderfully controversial if not a little inscrutable that TIWWA.net chose to reason that Purdue was a valid component of the arc yet seemingly sheds The Polaroid Stalker from the conglomerate - but that in essence is what this thread is designed to do. Provoke thought and encourage debate and more importantly expand upon some wonderful ideas from Moriaty and Laredo that have pretty much kept the old 'grey matter' zzzz-humming-zzzz ever since.

So simply, and simply is a word that sticks in my throat, do you believe there is a case for or against the continued exploration of the Legion mytharc in Season Two and more importantly which characters do you feel carried forth the nefarious modus operandi of the Legion avatars depicted in Season One?

Of course I have thoughts on this but I'm trying to keep my initial 'verbose' contribution to a palatable level but rest assured I will follow your lead and throw my usual rubbish into the mix should anyone whish to pick this up which I really hope you will as I'm running our of Ibuprofen zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Best wishes to all as always,

Eth

so what you are saying eth is forget the obvious and go for the more sublime? You want us to concentrate only on S2?...what about Stephan Kiley from "Goodbye Charlie"? Not sure he fits your description of one who "carries out the nefarious modus operandi of S1" but there was certainly something special about him as Frank says at the end he does not know if he was from Heaven or Hell..I dont think we can hogtie viable candidates into a specific action that we consider Legionistic..there would be, i assume, many paths for evil to take, whether direct or indirect. Just my musings..

4th Horseman

so what you are saying eth is forget the obvious and go for the more sublime?

Kinda yes and no my friend which is unfortunately vague I know.

It's not that I yearn to place the focus on 'S2' simply that a recent discussion seemed to develop a need to discuss the topic. Your musings regarding Kiley fit my thoughts so completely, the list above represents the ideas as espoused on TIWWA.net and as you note Kiley would certainly have made the list had my fingers been at the keyboard that day and that is just the sort of response I was hoping to ellicit.

My intention is simply to encourage the debate that began earlier and to create a topic free from the trappings of the post it evolved from, respecting 'massofspikes' tacit wish that we remain on-topic for once (sorry 'mass'). The bone of contention noted wether S2 even depicted the Legion mythos and, in a broader sense, if the Legion mytharc ever existed at all. I was hoping that the swollen minds and philosophers of this board would look through the above list and add their due consideration, a cursory resume has me recalling that Danielle Barbakow was a debated addition to the list and I would add that Purdue too be given a fair dissection but when all is said and done I'm simply hoping to take discussion back to basics and have the assembled cognoscenti here beget a new and invigorated Legion roll-call. Consider it a Legion Madhouse, a compote of thoughts and musings in a post that has no definitive and welcomes every solitary contribution made.

On that note, dear friend, I guess anything goes.....