Hello from Hungary

Guest KTL

Greetings

I am from Hungary so excuse my bad english.

I'm a fan of MillenniuM since 2000, maybe 1999. In fact, I would call it my favourite television show... and i've seen a lot of tv shows throughout the years. I also speak german and I had the opportonity to watch many shows on german channels before they arrived in Hungary. That's how I discovered MillenniuM too.

In Hungary the Region 2 Season One DVD Box was released just recently. I own three hungarian VHS releases of double Episodes (Pilot/Gehenna - Lamentation/Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions - Paper Dove/The Beginning and the End). These are very rare tapes, I had to buy them from the archives of a video store.

Just today I bought the Region 1 Season Three release (my dvd player is multi-region).

My favourite is Season 3 - mainly because of the (in my view) positive changes to the Frank Black character: the prophetic gray hair, his new status as a widower makes him more of a tragic character and adds to his isolation, his relationship with his daughter is more fleshed out and is very authentic. I also like "evil" Watts (played deliciously dark by Terry O'Quinn), and the theme of betrayal between the two characters. And finally, there is a calmness (and non-sensationalism) about the Season 3 episodes that I love.

My second favourite is Season 1, my least favourite is Season 2. Season 2 had great scripts and the final two episodes are the best tv I've ever seen, but the whole season is just too light for me visually and thematically.

Guest Box of Clocks

Hello and welcome to the forum. Much like you I would also say that season 2 was my least favourite but I think I liked season 1 a bit more than season 3.

Welcome KTL,

We have had such a wonderful influx of new members of late it's such an exciting time to be part of the board. I do hope you enjoy your time here as much as I and others do and whilst we may differ over our respective choice of which Season is best (I love 2) there is nothing more exciting than debate with people who hold different views to your own.

So....welcome on board!

My very best wishes,

Eth