What's taking so long getting an official trailer up?

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

Maybe I'm just over anxious to see this. But seems like it's taking longer than normal to get a trailer up than other movies. Or maybe I just don't pay attention to other ones as much.

Guest Laurent.

From what I've heard; the official trailer should hit the movie theaters in the beginning of May with Iron Man. I know that some movie theaters also received their first promotional posters. As for other official promotion, I think you should just check the official website from time to time. I'm pretty sure we shouldn't expect any viral marketing, the fake spoilers thrown on the web by Carter seem to be doing the job in keeping the movie in the news and discussions.

Edited by Laurent.

• Elders (Admins)

Well I can understand the need to keep spoilers and plotlines off the internet until they decided how they best wanted to promote the film. I think its a poor show that they couldn't agree with Chris Carter on the film's title yet, it can't make the publicity people's job any easier. It will all come together in the end though, and it will be nice to see the old 1013's on chat shows and taking part in interviews again. The whole thing has a kind of nostalgia about it.

Guest Laurent.

I like the way their promoting the movie. It's all in fake rumors and make believe. You need a sense of secrecy and mystery when it comes to a X-Files movie. The most important part of the promotion is all non-official. Very X-Filish .

I like the way their promoting the movie. It's all in fake rumors and make believe. You need a sense of secrecy and mystery when it comes to a X-Files movie. The most important part of the promotion is all non-official. Very X-Filish .

I'm not so sure to be honest Laran. It doesn't seem credible to believe that the odd rumour on niche fan forums and entertainment blogs can be considered promotion. Rumours preach to the converted, the average man on the street knows virtually about XF2, there has been hardly any coverage of it in the British media at all save a few lines on BBC Interactive announcing its return. My brother enjoyed the X-Files and whilst certainly not an ardent fan he represents those people whom the marketing machines should be enticing not simply those who own every DVD. When I mentioned it to him he didn't even know it was being filmed. It opens in a matter of months and I am suprised there hasn't been a little more by way of viral marketing and by that I mean something a little glossy not a few pictures in a man in a monkey suit leaked on the net.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.

You're right that the non-official promotion is only appealing to fans who would go see the movie anyway. With that in mind, I hope that their will be a little bit more promotion (at least a large diffusion of the trailer and some press coverage) in May and summer.