Aliatope

Rate this topic

Hi Guys,

I am sure most of you have played the X-Files: Aliatope game over at The X-Files Ultimate but if you haven't here is the link. Aliatope

Given that I do not an all encompassing knowledge of the X-Files I struggled a fair bit but did manage to finish it, the Lost game they have on their related site I found a little easier.

I'm assuming that the game was created using Flash and wondered if anyone familiar with Flash could advise on how difficult such a thing would be to make given that it is largely a text based, screen shot affair?

All the same enjoy having your Philes brains put through the mill,

Smiles

Eth

• 1 month later...
Guest Laurent.

I played the game when you first posted the link but forgot to reply (sorry got carried away in the game!!)

Actually, it's really not that hard to do using Flash, so if you ever want to do something like this for Millennium (could be a lot cooler than the x-files one, instead of password and code it would be some obscure biblical references.. and stuff); just ask for my help, we'll get a few screenshots, chose the "enigma" and the solution and put them together in a day or two!! I could even try to write you a short tutorial so that you can try yourself (if you're not already comfortable with buttons within flash).

I'm stuck at what I believe is the last level (22, it was updated with new material from XF2), very enjoyable.

If you like that kind of stuff: this will have you struggling for months.

I'd definitely like to see a similar MLM game! That would be a challenge, especially if it doesn't limit itself to flash tricks or IT knowledge, with, as you say, biblical references, milleniumistic knowledge etc.

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for your replies.

I am slowly learning Flash at the moment Laran it's a slow burning process but I am getting a little further each day.

I think an MM game is something long, long overdue. If you would like to propose such a thing Laran I would give you every assistance.

I can't believe it's been updated though it drove me insane the first time I'n not sure I have the constitution to fight the good fight. Oh and be sure to check out the Lost game Laran it's great!

Smiles,

Eth

Laran,

If you should happen upon this could you give me a nod if you received my PM regarding possible game puzzles and screen shots? I am having some niggles with sending and receiving PM's at the moment, I think it's AOL UK's continuing connection problems or something, and I'm not sure how many are actually getting through?

Best wishes,

Eth