Millennium props & wardrobe?

Rate this topic

Guest Watts

Hi Guys,

I do hope Watts gets the chance to see this given that he is a knife maker and props aficionado. I know he would be really interested in the following...

other_20.jpg

UC700 Raven (above) - Since I was becoming UC’s primary knife designer I kind of willingly took on the role of coming up with design of the Hibben knife each year at this point. This time I was determined to make something that had the “look” of a Hibben custom fantasy knife instead of converting something I had already done. I wanted something with that flowing, elegant curvy look that people would identify with Hibben. I looked at many of his incredible fantasy knives trying to find one that could be simplified into a production knife. If I remember correctly, the name of the knife I finally settled on was called the Elf Dirk. That was the basic shape I played off of, even though the final knife barely resembles it. I created many versions of this and sent the best one to Gil. He suggested some changes and we were off. We went for a black chrome look this time, and a fluted wire wrapped handle like the original Hibben knife, which I think had a sheep horn handle. I wanted the black look because of some of the custom knives I had seen made by Buster Warenski and Fred Carter were all black plated. We thought this would work for Gil’s line and it did. The finished knife was very successful. I’m not sure Gil ever made a custom version of this one. It appeared in an episode of Chris Carter’s excellent television show Millennium.

You can read all about this chap's work, including a knife he designed that was used on The X-Files here!

Eth

Guest Watts

Ah yes, United Cutlery and Gil Hibben. Very cool. That particular model from UC shows up all the time in movies because it's wicked looking I suppose.

Wow, those are awesome... Looks like they'd fit right in with a Star Trek episode with the Klingons... Or in my collection. Are the grips generic or custom-make for the owner?

Patches would rock actually- I'd kill to have one on my backpack. Pictures are harder- I was thinking of making my own calendar with some of the various shots I have, but the pictures are few and far between...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Watts

Hey Kara. Alot of the knives made by United Cutlery and designed by Gil Hibben were used by Klingons on 'Star Trek' which is probably why they look so familiar!

I still want to go ahead with the embroidered Millennium patches, I just need money to do it and I have none at the moment.

If and when I get around to actually putting in an order, I'll make sure to let you all know.