Legend of the Seeker

Rate this topic

Guest betweenthelines

• Elders (Admins)

Yes, I know what you mean. I was saddened to read in her blog that she jokes that they killed Millennium (Maher included), but I understand the point she's making.

She had some really good things to say in the 11th Hour interview about M&W though, whatever anyone's opinion on them.

I like Fringe but it lacks the 'pull factor' for me. I have a few eps on my SkyHD+ still to watch. When I watch one, it makes me want to watch another because I'm interested to know more about 'The Pattern'. But when there's a gap in between caused say by my shift work, I don't feel tempted to watch it and look for other recordings instead.

Darin Morgan having an entire episode would be amazing though!

My question about the UK airdate for Seeker met with a lack of info, apparently it hasn't been picked up yet but one person thinks Sky may likely buy it for early 2009.

Please forgive me for a brief swerve away from the topic :embarassed:

I'm absolutely with you on 'Fringe' Graham. It's an enjoyable romp, no doubt about it, but it has yet to get me 'hook, line and sinker'. My problem is the show has established a rigid formula in the way it tells it's stories. Something odd happens, Walter generally knows what's going off from merely surveying the scene, Dunham asks what on earth is happening, cue loads of pseudoscience from Walter which Peter immediately translates for benefit of Dunham and the viewers, case is solved, pattern is mentioned, someone is usually revealed to be a double-agent right at the end. I'm staying with it mind, we Brits don't get many chances to indulge in genre shows of a week but the X-Files this isn't. I hope it finds its voice and and a strong identity rather than a weekly sequence of similar set pieces. Time will tell I guess.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest betweenthelines

Darin Morgan's working on "Fringe" now? Wow, I think this is his first non-1013 project. I haven't seen the show yet, but if I hear Darin gets to write a script I'll try and tune in :).

• 8 months later...
  • Elders (Admins)

LEGEND OF THE SEEKER - UK PREMIERE STARTS THURSDAY AT 8PM

The story starts as the forces of super-evil tyrant Darken Rahl (CRAIG PARKER) invade the Midlands (and no, we don't mean Birmingham). As the mythical land comes under threat, a prophecy is about to be fulfilled. It concerns a Seeker - Richard Cypher (yummy Aussie star CRAIG HORNER), a humble young chap with a hidden destiny that comes to light when he meets the beautiful 'Confessor', Kahlan Amnell (BRIDGET REGAN). Kahlan can make anyone confess the truth by a single touch. She can also order men to do her bidding (the lucky woman) - and soon she's doing precisely that as she commands Richard to fulfil his destiny: to wield the Sword of Truth and defeat Darken Rahl. Together with the wize wizard Zedd (BRUCE SPENCE) they set out on a quest. Not to be missed!

Preview the trailer here.

Source: Sci-Fi August Newsletter

Count me in,

I've just had a little look at Wikipedia and it's gone to a second season so I shall give it a view. I'm always a little cautious watching US genre in case I get too heavily invested and the plug is pulled long before its time (how many times have we been there in the past eh?) It does seem to have a lot of 'style over substance' type reviews which worries me a bit as I prefer that equation reversed but I was asking for new series' to give a chance so I certainly will look at this. Let's be honest, there's enough 1013 names attached to keep me interested.

Eth