Question about "Samael"

Rate this topic

Guest byron lomax

Guest RodimusBen
I'm not sure whether I'm over or underthinking it, but I've always seen them as two separate entities as they both have different personalities on screen and that the writers simply screwed up or didn't pay attention by assigning the same, if differently spelled name. Hell, Frank went from being 49 in Walkabout to 56 in Midnight of the Century, had one brother in Sacrament, then at two in Borrowed Time. Orodromeus is certainly right about this show having needed a 'story Bible' but given its nebulous quality, probably less of a detriment compared to a show like The X-Files with all the dates and personages they had to carry along.

The longer a show goes on, the more difficult it is to maintain all that carefully balanced continuity. LOST has an entire person devoted to it, understandably, but I'm sure Millennium did not. I'm torn about the idea of it simply being an oversight on the writers' part to make a new character and give him the same name as an old one, but in the end, Millennium's "nebulous" quality is a convenient way around things like Sammael.

To me it doesn't matter in the long term whether they were the same entity per se; it's clear that they represented the same "side." And there must be an intentional connection between the two characters given their clothing style and other factors. As a MM fan I have to learn to be satisfied with that level of ambiguity :oneeyedwinK