The IWTB soundtrack

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

I bought the IWTB soundtrack cd today. (There's no special reason for not getting it sooner.) I'm listening to it while writing this, and I have to say the music is even better than I remembered. I did like it when I saw the movie but now when it's on here at home, I'm getting all emotional and teary-eyed. :cry: Thank God for Mark Snow and his talent. :notworthy:

Edit: I'll be getting the DVD soon, too; can't wait!

Edit 2: Oops, I didn't notice there was a thread on this already (I did look for it!); sorry, Laurent! I must be in some sort of a trance listening to the soundtrack. It's just amazing.

• 2 months later...

I dont know, surely is very good music, but for The x files? Take for example music in Anasazi, or Colony and music in movie, its definetely diferent thing... I know, new movie most have new music, but Mark made 9 seasons music and nothing in IWB is not even atmospheric same.. I love first soundtrac The truth and the light, i like how he is more electronic in there and more experimental, almost every single episode have own atmosferic sound... And best is that he made own new sounds, some tunes i listen somewhere else, but not much, thats why is Mark so special, but IWB is just ordinary soundtrack and i have more of this kind... How Mark have full orchestra is never so good, i hate to say, but i hear firs movie, second and soundtrack in Syphon filter for PS2 and i am just disapoitment...