Lucy Butler

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Second Coming

I was watching "Lost Highway" and noticed in the credits that one of the actresses was "Lucy Butler". Then later I noticed that Patriccia Arquette's character reminded me a lot of "Lucy Butler" on Millennium. But what's really odd is that I was looking up "Lost Highway" on IMDB.com and found this:

Lost Highway and Millennium

Is there anyone else who sees the remarkable simlilarities between Lucy Butler on Millennium and Patricia Arquette's character in Lost Highway, and between Dr. Fabricant on Millennium and Robert Blake's character in Lost Highway? Both Millennium characters in the episode "Lamentation" seem to be based upon the Lost Highway characters, their appearances and their voices are copied nearly exactly. Also, in the Lost Highway movie, there is an actress named Lucy Butler. Coincidence?

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

Nice find! I wouldn't have picked up on the similarities if you hadn't mentioned it, but thinking about it.... yeah there's definitely something there. There's that kind of 2-sidedness, and stuff. Lost Highway is a very complicated, ambiguous film, and there are still parts I don't fully understand. I'll keep Lucy in mind next time I watch it!

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

Lost Highway is a seriously odd film from the maker of Twin Peaks... I didn't think it was as good as his other films, but still, the film sure ain't boring. Thinking more about the link with Lucy, I'm convinced the characters are the same person!