hello from Sardinia, Italy!

Guest maxoftheflesh

Guest maxoftheflesh

Hi everybody,

just wanted to briefly introduce myself in here... got hooked on MILLENNIUM for a couple months, but I knew it from back in the days (when I was 17 years old, 10 years later!!!) Recently got my hands on the 1+2+3 season box set, and just finished the 3rd season's last DVD... not yet done with the X FILES bonus episode... there's lots to talk about!!! I just wanted to express my appreciation for this incredibly well done website, actually one of the very best sites I've ever seen around. Keep up the great work, talk soon again!

CIAO!

Max

• Elders (Admins)

Hello Max and welcome to TIWWA! You have a great User Name!

I'm glad you enjoyed the series and found our website useful! It has a life all of its own.

Great to find a fan from Sardinia! If you haven't already, why not place a marker on our Member Map (via your My Controls settings)! Full instructions are here.

If you prefer, you can place it generally rather on your house, some people like to be more specific than others!

Warm regards,

Graham

Guest maxoftheflesh

Old Man, Walkabout, thanx a bunch for the warm welcome. Very appreciated! I'll definitely place the marker on the map ASAP. I can't wait to fill my profile and start discussing. Tonite I'll watch the bonus episode with my girl (she's a great fan as well), and then I'll start posting...

PS: thanx for the compliments to my nickname :) why do you actually dig it Graham??? I'm curious now :D

Hi Max,

Allow me to second The Old Man, there's something so decidedly Hellraiserish about your screen name that if I was a betting man I would wager a bet that's what inspired it?

More importantly, welcome to the board, we have new users joining us all the time and it's a joy to get to know you folks. Here's hoping you have a blast round these parts as I have.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest maxoftheflesh

hey Watts, ethsnafu,

thanx for your welcome messages :) you peeps know how to handle new members! it looks like it's gonna be great fun in here - kind of reminds me the days when message boards were ALL comprising of nice people. all the forums I've been visiting have started going down the drain in the last few years...

as for the user name - it's a spin on my band's name, recs of the flesh - as I'm actually named Massimo (Maximus in Italian, Watts!) and everyone calls me Max... while I do enjoy the Hellraiser series, the name was inspired by a novella by William S. Burroughs - THE SOFT MACHINE.

I was tripping hard with fever and flu and started reading it, while I was thinking "it'd be great to record the flesh"...

go figure!

Hi Max,

Thank you for your kind reply. It's so easy to be extremely biased but TIWWA is THE nicest, most welcoming, most supportive fan community I have ever belonged to and I have had the pleasure, and misfortune, of a number over the years. Great to hear how you came by your screename, luckily I didn't wager any money on my guess.

Funny you should mention the flu-trip-fever thing. *Sit comfortable Eth begings of his laborious stories of old*

Years ago when I was a kid I have a major chest infection and a high temperature and I too experienced those psychedelic moments brought on by febrile hallucinations. I kept envisaging impossible machinery, things that couldn't be built but I could perceive them and fully understood how, despite physics, they could be constructed, insane I know. Some years later my teenage brother was unwell with flu and had a rough night of sweating and experiencing strange dreams and when the fever broke he described dreaming of impossible machinery. Spooky though this is he went on to describe exactly the same device I had dreamed of, a huge cog connected to a smaller cog generating impossible speeds. I know this sounds crazy, we were ill after all, but as I now work in the medical profession no one has ever been able to explain why would experience identical hallucination. The human mind is a strange place, especially when it's frazzled :)

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest maxoftheflesh

Eth, that's a very bizzarre story indeed!

Quite interestingly, all of my deliria dealt with something very similar! I was trying to envision a way to conceive an actual machine to record the flesh... at the time it made perfect sense... Can't imagine how tho.

"things that couldn't be built but I could perceive them and fully understood how, despite physics, they could be constructed"

that's exactly a part of the sensations I was feeling - like I was about to grasp the meaning of something HUGE... wow.

I ended up trying different weird tunings on my battered up guitar, and came out with a 6 songs cd (with a 7th bonus track - a cover of Bruce Springsteen's Lucky Town!!! Damn, I was tripping hard)... and that's how it all started for my band. It was january 2004 - 5 years ago now... time flies by!!!

I imagine part of my delirium originated from THE SOFT MACHINE, where the plot goes like this (from Wiki):

"Bill Lee is a secret agent who makes a time travel machine and takes on a gang of Mayan priests who use the Mayan calendar to control the minds of slave labourers used for planting maize. The calendar images are written in books and placed on a magnetic tape and transmitted as sounds to control the slaves."

I think Carter really paid homage to Burroughs in his body of work, here and there...