Harsh Realm Closure

Rate this topic

Earthnut

I would love to read everyone's thoughts on how Harsh Realm would have ended if it had continued to air, even if it had been just one more episode. Unfortunatly, I felt the last episode left us somewhat hanging without closure, and as we all know that's because it was never picked up for another season.

I personally love a happy ending and feel that I can speak for all of us when I say we always want the good guy to win the battle, and the war; but unfortunately, sometimes the dragon wins instead.

:mage:

Guest cw1925
but unfortunately, sometimes the dragon wins instead.

:mage:

Or the Wachowski brother and sister-s. I'd like to think that it would have lasted 3 seasons. Somewhere in the 2nd season, Santiago was dethroaned, and Tom took control, wanting to shut it down. But, the government wouldn't let him go, so in the third season, he's trying to negotiate some kind of deal with the US real world military. He sacrifices himself in order to save the ones plugged into Harsh Realm. Pinnochio becomes great friends with Inga Fossa and they marry. Sophie is left pregnant or has her baby or something.

Something like that would have satisfied me.

Hi guys,

If you check out the following thread there's some hints and ideas regarding the continuation and ending of Harsh Realm. I know that two further episodes had completed scripts at the time of the axing, one was 'Persephone' and the second I can't remember. 'Persephone' was available to read online at some point, I was sure it was here but can't find it, and I believe the second episode was available in draft format. Vague I know but is anyone aware of where these are stored.

Eth

Guest Laurent.

I was about to give the link to this particular topic! Thanks Eth.

I'll try to find the Persephone script (I know it's somewhere in my computer) and post it here. It was pretty good and dealt with the legend/myth of the Realm while Hobbes and al. met with a group of armed rebels.

edit: Eth misled me haha! The name of the episode is not Persephone, but Circe! The 11th episode was titled Malfunction (the script was never released).

You can find the script for "Circe", written by Mark Rosner, HERE.

Guest Moriarty

Harsh Realm is the only 1013-production I never saw. The DVD's were never released here in Belgium. Is it worth watching? I read some positive and negative reactions all over the net...

Take care.

Guest Laurent.
Harsh Realm is the only 1013-production I never saw. The DVD's were never released here in Belgium. Is it worth watching? I read some positive and negative reactions all over the net...

Take care.

You can get a bunch of answers in this discussion.

I'd say that it's definitely good enough to be "worth the $$" as 4th Horseman puts it. Of course, it leaves a bitter taste when you reach the inconclusive end of the series... but it would be a bad sign if an unfinished work didn't scream for conclusion! So I guess it's a testament to its quality that people still wonder what Harsh realm closure would have been.

Guest cw1925
Wow! A true fan of the series!

Time I watched Harsh Realm again!

I'm not really a fan, I just watch a lot of television. I thought the series was really boring and dragged on and on when there could have been so much that could have been done. I must say that the only reason I bought the DVD was because it had Chris Carter slapped on it, so how could I have not completed my CC collection without it?

Thank you all for your comments and links on Harsh Realm, especially Cw1925 for your awesome conclusion to the show. This is the first time I have heard of another script(s); I so look forward to reading it/them.

Eth, it's dangerous misleading the group's hitman. His eye sure follows me everywhere.

In Chris Carter's interview he stated that there were many episodes that he was very proud of. The show is definitely worth watching at least once, if nothing else because it's a Chris Carter production, and of course, to say you saw it.

My girlfriend got very confused with The Matrix, but totally loved HR because it was simple entertainment without all the technical jargon she had to keep up with. Maybe that's why I like it so much, it's not too technical so I can follow along without needing someone to explain some of it. I do, however, have the movies and watch them on occasion.