Passing of Frank's Father

Rate this topic

Guest Waka Waka

Guest Waka Waka

At the end of "Midnight of the Century", Frank and Jordan see a ghostly Henry (Frank's father) walking down the street with other figures. I guess we really don't know for sure, but this looks like Frank's father passed away. Then, some episodes later, in "The Fourth Horseman", Frank gets a phone call informing him of his father's death. If Henry, Frank's father passed away in "The Fourth Horseman", then what was going on at the end of "Midnight of the Century"?

Guest Laurent.

Simon (the angel Frank met in the courtyard of the church) explains this phenomenon to Frank during this very interesting scene:

SIMON: Legend has it that ghosts walk in church yards on Christmas Eve. Well, actually, I misspoke myself. They're not ghosts precisely, they're fetches -- souls of those destined to die in the coming year -- making their way to church in search of those who will soon be their companions. Of course, it usually happens at midnight.

FRANK: Who are you?

SIMON: (ignoring him) But those blessed with a special perception might not have to wait until nightfall.

So Frank and Jordan saw Henry as one of the fetches and not as a ghost. His apparition was an omen of his impending death.

P.S. Welcome to the board by the way! I hope you'll stay around for more Millennium-related (and some off-topic) discussions.

Welcome Waka Waka from someone who is still new to the group. I promise you, the longer you're here, the more hooked you will be. Everyone is absolutely wonderful. And yes, there are many off-topic discussions. For that I enjoy going to The Donut Hole.

SIMON: Legend has it that ghosts walk...

Glad it's legend. There are, however, earth-bound spirits who have unfinished business with the living, and have not yet crossed over into the light. Then Simon spoke of perception, which is with your spirit. The more mature your spirit is, the stronger your spiritual vision. And, this has nothing to do with physical age.

The people here have awesome perception, and very intelligent. Being the Earthnut that I am, often I have no idea what some are talking about, but I'm learning.

Great explanations people,

I read of this superstition some years ago and it apparently originated in England, as most Ghostly-things seem to do, as far as I can remember it was midnight, specifically, that was the hour this is supposed to occur, rather nice link there to the title of the episode intended or not. I believe, fuzzy brain moment, that by the season finale we know that Frank's father has indeed died as Frank and Catherine discuss the shack his father he left him in his will. I seem to recall mention is made of his funeral, possibly in Siren, can anyone confirm or deny this?

Best wishes,

Eth

PS And a huge welcome to Waka Waka for joining us and having the coolest screen name I have seen in a long time :wiggle:

Guest RodimusBen

Just about everyone I know misses it the first time they see it. They don't pick him out from the crowd of fetches, I guess because there is a guy in front of him too.

• 1 month later...
Guest benny
Simon (the angel Frank met in the courtyard of the church) explains this phenomenon to Frank during this very interesting scene:

So Frank and Jordan saw Henry as one of the fetches and not as a ghost. His apparition was an omen of his impending death.

P.S. Welcome to the board by the way! I hope you'll stay around for more Millennium-related (and some off-topic) discussions.

that scene still gives me chills a decade later

Guest benny
At the end of "Midnight of the Century", Frank and Jordan see a ghostly Henry (Frank's father) walking down the street with other figures. I guess we really don't know for sure, but this looks like Frank's father passed away. Then, some episodes later, in "The Fourth Horseman", Frank gets a phone call informing him of his father's death. If Henry, Frank's father passed away in "The Fourth Horseman", then what was going on at the end of "Midnight of the Century"?

i think laurent explained it best love the screen name by the way