X-CON: X-Files Convention in Berlin 16th -18th October 2009

Rate this topic

Guest Lady3Jane

Guest Lady3Jane

XCONlogo.jpg

All but LONEly: The three "X-Files" Gunmen are going to Berlin

Bruce "Byers" Harwood completes the trio of the "Lone Gunmen“

Actor Bruce Harwood completes the trio alongside Tom "Frohike" Braidwood and Dean "Langly" Haglund – not only for the cult series of the 90s but even at the X-Convention in Berlin!

The conspiracy theorists energetically supported "The X-Files" heroes Mulder and Scully in their investigations and even made it to their own spin-off series, "The Lone Gunmen". After many years, all three of them are reunited again - on stage, on the first "X-Files" convention organized by Fans to be celebrated in Berlin, Germany. If you want to get an autograph and more, mark the weekend of 16-18 October 2009 with an X!

For quite a while, the organizers kept the third guest star in secret, however, leading organizer Monika Kirchberger is happy to finally announce: "We are proud to be able to present all three Gunmen to the European fans at a panel!". An unique opportunity to have them together for the first time, sharing with the fans on a convention stage, since the end of the series.

"Amongst others, the fans will be able to see Dean Haglund live on stage performing his "X-Files" Improv Show, in which they can even participate."

And there are even more surprises...

Exclusively for all participants registering until 30 August 2009, there is a guaranteed convention package. This includes - besides a quite unusual entrance ticket - a personal autograph of all guest stars, as well as a small surprise.

For more information check out the homepage at www.xfiles-con.com

The idea to conduct a standalone "X-Files" convention arose in summer 2008 and will be taking place by courtesy of 20th Century FOX Germany.

The X-Con -the first standalone X-Files convention on German soil- organized by X-Files fans from Germany is set to happen in Berlin from Friday, October 16th to Sunday, October 18th, 2009.

The event will be held at the Hotel Mercure Berlin Tempelhof Airport.

This con is from philes for philes. You are invited to be creative whether if it's a Workshop, Fan Art, Custumes, Role Plays, etc.

All events will be held in English as well.

Confirmed guests are now:

- Bruce Harwood (John Byers)

- Tom Braidwood (Melvin Frohike)

- Dean Haglund (Ringo Langly)

- Kai Krick (German X- Files book author)

Stay tuned for updates:

Official Website:

https://www.xfiles-con.com/

Social Network:

https://xcongermany.ning.com/

MySpace:

https://www.myspace.com/x_filescon

Twitter

https://twitter.com/xcon2009berlin

Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=80883478023

What a fantastic event. Many thanks for the news lady3jane this sounds like a fantastic event, we could do with something like this in the UK I was very itchy to go to a convention this year and to be honest they've been rubish here from what I've seen unless you want to see the cast of Stargate which I don't. I am following them on Twitter and given them a little plug and I hope anyone going will play roving reporter for TIWWA and share your pics and videos with us.

The truth is out there, in Berlin it would seem.

Eth

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AD Skinner

What a fantastic event. Many thanks for the news lady3jane this sounds like a fantastic event, we could do with something like this in the UK I was very itchy to go to a convention this year and to be honest they've been rubish here from what I've seen unless you want to see the cast of Stargate which I don't. I am following them on Twitter and given them a little plug and I hope anyone going will play roving reporter for TIWWA and share your pics and videos with us.

Eth

I would love to go to that. Sad to say it, I've never been to any convention in my life, and I agree, they really should have an X Files event like this in the UK.

• 2 months later...
Guest Lady3Jane

I am following them on Twitter and given them a little plug and I hope anyone going will play roving reporter for TIWWA and share your pics and videos with us.

Eth

Hey, Mattalready posted the report by red_scully. We are currently also uploading videos to the X-CON Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/XFilesCon

Pictures can be found here:

https://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/af212/XConvention/

and serieasten.tv, a German portal for all things television shows did some coverage on the convention. it's mostly German but some of the interviews are in English. I will also try to produce some English subtitles for this.

https://www.serieasten.tv/SERIEASTEN/SPECIAL/Eintrage/2009/11/13_X-CON_2009.html

Very nice stuff indeed, many thanks for sharing it with us.

I really wish we had something like this in the UK. Who knows, one day.

Am I right in thinking Zuliekha Robinson was there? I loved the Lone Gunmen and thought Jimmy and Yves were fantastic additions to the team and I would a chance to get some things signed by either of them.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Lady3Jane

We had Dean Haglund. Originally it was planned to have all three Gunmen but for this more people had to sign up for the convention. Even Frank Spotnitz agreed to come but we couldn't afford the flight. There is still talks about a possible second X-CON, it depends somewhat on 20th Century FOX Germany as far as I know, if we get the permission again.

Very nice stuff indeed, many thanks for sharing it with us.

I really wish we had something like this in the UK. Who knows, one day.

Am I right in thinking Zuliekha Robinson was there? I loved the Lone Gunmen and thought Jimmy and Yves were fantastic additions to the team and I would a chance to get some things signed by either of them.

Best wishes,

Eth

Could I be nosey and ask you a question? When you began exploring the idea of a convention who did you approach at Fox with a view to gaining permission? It's been discussed here about a possible Millennium Convention and it never occurred to me that permission would need to be given in order to do one. Did you just email their general enquires email address and hope for the best?

Eth

Guest Lady3Jane

Sure, you can be nosy. I think the first step has been a poll over at xfiles-mania.de whether there is interest in a convention or not. That was in March 2009.

I think that Sgiath, the Head-Organizer, had sent an enquiry e-mail over the German FOX site which they directed to the person in Charge of the Home Entertainment Devision.

Surely you can get hold of the correct person if you ask the right person (somebody who works in the business), we found out that the person was member of a social network and rather easy to find if you know what to look for (so 20th Century FOX Home Entertainment are the people who can give you the permit) *lol* There were also some contacts from the community screening we had for IWTB in summer 2008. xfiles-mania.de has a more or less understanding with 20th Century FOX Germany so maybe there is a possibility to get contacts from there, too (I guess the have contact to the same person Sgiath had).

Well I don't know for the UK but Germany has very strong Copyright and Trademark Laws. Since the brand names "The X-Files" and "Akte X" are owned by 20th Centruy FOX, the German Division (and the Mother company in the US) Sgiath wanted to be on the safe side. We also planned on showing episodes during the Convention so we needed a permission anyway. A plus was that 20th Century Fox Germany sponsored our main competiton price: A complete Season 9 Box Set and IWTb posters and some IWTB and "The Happening" displays from the cinemas. I think it's pretty clear that they think in can't hurt to keep people attractd to franchise as long it's not ended, especially if there is really a 3rd movie coming up in the near future.

Best tip I can give you is try to contact via the FOX website of your country and see if you get a reaction. If not do research in trade papers or try your luck here if can get hold of the right person: https://www.kftv.com/company-82261912.html. Phone often works better than E-mail enquiry (if you get past the reception desk)

I guess you would do a MLM con on UK or US-Amercian soil? Since there are talks about a second X-CON convention one could consider to mix both X-FILES and Millennium in one CON to attract a greater audience and fandom guest stars (like Terry O'Quinn or Frank Spotnitz) but I'm pretty sure that a second X-CON would be hold in the same location than the first one, which would be Berlin...I can gove you the contact data for Sgiath so maybe you can ask here more detailed questions how she made the first X-CON happen.

Could I be nosey and ask you a question? When you began exploring the idea of a convention who did you approach at Fox with a view to gaining permission? It's been discussed here about a possible Millennium Convention and it never occurred to me that permission would need to be given in order to do one. Did you just email their general enquires email address and hope for the best?

Eth

Edited by Lady3Jane