Sarah-Jane Redmond Joins Family Place

Rate this topic

Hi Guys,

I don't know if you are aware but there are number of articles online at the moment regarding Sarah-Jane's relocation to Bowen Island (the Island where she filmed Harper's Island and very beautiful it looks too). A new article has gone online today that mentions that Sarah-Jane has joined a programme on that island that works with young families. She will be facilitating sessions with Family Place in the near future on a programme that was launched in late November.

SARAH JANE REDMOND JOINS FAMILY PLACE

News from Tracy McLachlan at Family Place:

“Family Place is excited to announce that we are expanding our programming and are pleased to welcome Sarah Jane Redmond who will facilitate these additional sessions. Sarah is looking forward to meeting families with young children at Family Place and creating a welcoming space. Beginning on November 3, the Tuesday afternoon Family Place session runs from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., includes a healthy pot-luck snack for children and is open to all parents, grandparents, caregivers and their children. Beginning on November 28, the Saturday morning Father Connections session runs from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 and includes a children’s breakfast. These sessions will continue to offer developmentally appropriate and inclusive play-based programming for young children ages birth to six, as well as promote connections between parents and their children, families and the community.

Good luck to Sarah-Jane in her new life on the island and, already, it seems like she is becoming a vital part of that community. Here's to Sarah-Jane!

Eth

• Like 1

Agreed!

I read some time earlier in the year that she teaches, I know she undertakes charity work and, as Graham's pictures in the Gallery show us, she walked a 60km charity fund-raiser walk with her sister whilst she was 8 months pregnant (which is an incredible feat of dedication). I know how giving she has been of her time for fans of this show as well - I think in all, Sarah-Jane has been interviewed by us three times, has lent her voice to a Halloween poem reading and made an appearance on the podcast and still offered to do more for us. A remarkably giving lady and one who's very appearance on the screen just lights it up for me.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Aw, this is so nice of her... what a great woman and who would have thought it out of Lucy Butler herself.. lol What a great thing to do for families, more of this is needed all over the world too.. More emphasis must be done on the family unit and in keeping families together and helping when needed. I use to work in the PTA program at my kids school and do loads of vounteering when they were younger and I can tell you family programs are so needed. We would organize breakfasts for the parents and their children at the school and parties and lunches and every meeting we would have dinners for the families because a lot of the kids and familes were low income and needed a little help wherever they could get it. there is no shame in being poor and needing a little help now and then, everyone needs help sometimes. I've been there! We would hold spagetti dinners and pizza dinners and most of these were donated by local restaurants or made by us and voluneers. One of the best programs i think we had at the school was Muffins for Moms and Doughnuts for Dad breakfasts and helping out with shopping with the kids when they needed new clothes or a new winter coat, you would be surprised by how many children even in the US go without proper clothing or food. It is sad to see anyone go hungry especially when it is children. So great job Sarah for doing this, it is a wonderful thing to help out families and giving your time is one of the best gifts you can give someone.

Laura