Tea = Yoko?

Rate this topic

Guest Forza

In the vein of the latter X-Files seasons, these questions is semi-serious:

1) Is Tea Leoni the Yoko Ono of the paranormal? Was she The X-Files' homewreaker?

2) If so, what are your feelings toward Tea? Should her name be added to Mabius' job jar?  :Gehenna_demon:

3) If not, should David Duchovny be placed on the Deadbeat Dad Registry for abandoning the show? As a writer, should DD be imprisoned for relegating baby William to a life of misery and cow-tipping in nowhere, America?

4) If not, should Chis Carter win the Muhammad Ali "fight past your prime" award for continuing the show past the Thrilla in Manilla? If so, at what point should have the show been elegantly euthanized?

Where's Dr. Steven Kiley when you need him!

Edited by Forza

Guest Forza

One other question:

Does your blood curdle when Reyes immitates whalesong?

Personally, I had hoped that had died with Star Trek IV.

Guest chrisnu

1) No, I don't think so. I didn't think TXF was all that bad when it moved to LA for Season 6. A lot of the dark atmosphere was lost, but a lot of the stories were as great as ever.

2) I'm pretty indifferent about Tea. I didn't like the Tea meets Mulder scene in "Hollywood A.D.", though.

3) He had no obligation to stay with the show any longer. He announced that he wasn't coming back after Season 7; the show should've ended then. The only part of "William" that Duchovny was involved with was the concept of the Breather. Ditching the baby was CC's idea.

4) The show should've gotten the can after Season 7.

It seems that you have a certain animosity towards Duchovny; it comes off that way, at least.

Yes, my blood curdles whenever Monica "Smiley" Reyes is onscreen. There are very few moments when I can tolerate the character.

Edited by chrisnu

Guest Forza
It seems that you have a certain animosity towards Duchovny; it comes off that way, at least.

LOL!!!

Can't really blame DD for wanting to have a life, can we? Too bad he and Gillian couldn't have synchronized their contracts better, though.

Despite this, I really like what Robert Patrick did with Doggett's character. His fine performance makes me draw the line at the end of season 8. If this makes me a 'shipper, then so be it. Either that, or maybe I'm a sucker (in this case at least) for a happy ending.

Edited by Forza

Guest Justa Fan

I'm not crazy about Tea. The move to LA

damaged the series. There were some

outstanding episodes but, overall, the

atmosphere was lost in translation.

As a side note: When DD was doing the

talk show circuits for "Connie & Carla"

he mentioned that he was currently looking

for a house in Canada! How's that for

irony?

:alien:

Guest Forza
As a side note: When DD was doing the

talk show circuits for "Connie & Carla"

he mentioned that he was currently looking

for a house in Canada!  How's that for

irony?

LOL!!!

Canada will be a good place for an alumnus of the Shelly Long "Where are They Now?" School of Acting.

DD no doubt pined for anonymity during the peak of The X-Files' popularity. Now he has it for for the remainder of his life. :devil01:

Sigh....