Flying Lessons: Chris Carter's new project

Rate this topic

Blackoil

• Elders (Moderators)

Thanks for the info, Blackoil. It must have been the Vince Gilligan connection that I was thinking of.

Also, thanks for the link to the trailer. It does look intriguing though, like WaveCrest, I didn't much like the music but I guess that's in the nature of trailers. I wonder what its chances are of getting theater distribution. It looks like there's a lot of talent involved in it.

Hi guys, I have just read that the world premiere of Derek Magyar’s feature debut Flying Lessons will open the 25th Santa Barbara International Film Festival, which runs from February 4-14. Of additional interest is that the festival will be showing a special presentation of the Lance Henriksen horror movie, Near Dark. I haven't found anything to indicate that either CC or Lance will be attendance but that would be something of a dream come true if Lance could finally get his wish to have himself and Chris Carter in the same place at the same time.

Eth

Guest RodimusBen

Love CC, love some Maggie Grace (I was watching LOST season 1 the other day and I forgot how much higher she made the eye candy quotient of that show when she was on it), but this looks like total melodrama. If it's directed by CC then I'm sure it's a skillfully crafted movie, just not my cup o' tea in any way, shape or form. Although if I hear positive things about it from the TIWWA crew I could be persuaded to give it a shot.

• Elders (Moderators)

CC could well be at the festival as he and Mrs CC have lived near Santa Barbara for a long time. I guess Lance's filming schedule might preclude him from being there, but he seems the kind of guy that will lend his support to projects he's been involved in.

Oh many times Richard, my comment was in light of Lance's current desire to sit Chris down and have a serious talk about a potential Millennium movie and the future, if any, of the franchise. Lance seemed more intent that ever when he spoke to John Muir that this is something he wants to see happen and maybe it was me but I sensed a little frustration in his words as well. One day, fingers crossed :)

Eth

• 4 months later...

not yet. I think it's too early to say about a DVD release. last thing I've heard about Flying Lessons is that producers of the movie have found a distributor, New Films International. Full story here: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3ib30a7315dd82b7c992d84fb24ce2589a

Guest WaveCrest

Saving Grace B.Jones sounds good from the synopsis in the linked article. New Films International sounds like a film or TV distribution company I remember from the 80's and 90's called New World International. It had a round, red logo separated by lines cut through it, and was shown after The Invaders on BBC2 and Twin Peaks on Sci-Fi.

• 4 months later...