ABC: The Millenium Academy Awards

Rate this topic

Vote for the Luminaries  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No idea Walkabout, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm not even sure how you would erase the votes if you wanted to. I guess you can but it's not something I have ever endeavoured to do.

Strange :confused:

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

That is strange. You can't even re-vote. The totals have gone but the votes must still be there as the 'Delete my vote' icon is at the bottom of the poll options list.

LOL! Such a celebration of celebrities deserved even more fireworks, so I've added some more at the top of this post!

As a tech-no-nutten I noticed the poll disappeared after the extra fireworks were added...is it possible this is the root of the problem?? :unsure:

• Elders (Admins)

Well you've got me there. I'm sure the votes were still present when I added the fireworks. I just removed the Flash BBCode and they didn't reappear. The option for Public Poll was unticked, I ticked it and it made no difference.

I'll look into it again but I have to shoot out to work now.

Guest WaveCrest

I've noticed it's showing a blue asterisk beside what I'm guessing are the options with the highest number of votes so far.

You're right Richard,

As I recall, the ones with the blue stars besides them were the ones with the most votes. Strange isn't it, it's almost as if the board believes the votes are still there but simply isn't displaying them. I wonder if the Easter skin could be the reason for this. Either way, we are safe in The Old Man hands and I am sure he will have us back to normal in no time.

Eth

• Elders (Admins)

Well, I've learnt something completely new as a result of this! It seems there has been some improvements made to the polls and I only noticed because I made this poll public when trying to work out where the votes had gone!

Firstly, I think the blue asterisks show up to show you what you voted for!

Secondly, its now possible to make a public poll, which means in a public poll you can click on a result and see who voted for it. Members have asked for this functionality before and I guess its useful for some types of polls! A private poll would not allow people to see who voted for what.

post-1-12711565344_thumb.jpg

The response from Tech Support on the votes going missing:

Someone edited the poll and removed all the results from it. But they didn't remove the voters, which they cannot do.

I cleared the voters from it to even it out so people can vote again.

I think, it could of been me who did this accidentally or by way of a software glitch, because I recall when I edited Eth's post to include the extra Fireworks that I toggled the poll form closed as it was taking up most of my screen. If it was me, then I apologise with extreme apologyness! :blush:

Anyway the poll is now re-open for business if anyone wants to vote!

Hi folks,

Thank you so much Graham for looking into this for us and for re-opening the doors to the general public so that voting can resume. Be warned, our celebs have had a long wait for things to get back on track and what's to do when there is nothing doing but hit the cheap plonk with a vengeance (you may have had to step over a couple of extras from Omerta on the way in and we apologise for that.)

If you have already cast your vote, cast it again and make these drunken celebrities very happy.

Eth