Wait, worry, WAIT WHAT???

Rate this topic

Guest soylentgreenspeople

I heard of the X-Files WAYYY before MillenniuM and i never liked them! Honestly, what does the X-Files have over MillenniuM? We beg just to give the MillenniuM series some closure and theyre giving the X-Files a THIRD MOVIE???? PLease explain to me why they wont give Millennium the well deserved chance when clearly the X-Files movies were a flop... Your info is GREATLY accepted! THANKS GUYS!

Btw i already signed the b2fb petition! XD

Edited by soylentgreenspeople

It's all subjective isn't it? The fact that I like "Millennium" much more than the "X-Files" is not a mark of "Millennium" being a better show, simply a show that I like more than some others. On the flip-side of this are the countless individuals who think "X-Files" is a far more enjoyable show than "Millennium". One man's meat is another man's poison.

As for why they are potentially exploring a third movie. Money, pure and simple. If Fox thought "Millennium" was the worst show ever written but recognised it's potential as a money spinner for them they would have supported it. Don't mistake the support of the studios and the longevity of a franchise as being indicative of its quality. Even the worst show (in terms of quality) will run and run while ever the boxed sets are selling and the cinema tickets are being bought.

To highlight this further. When Chris Carter and Frank Spotnitz discuss what may hinder a third film they do so only in terms of how much the second one made. When Fox come to sign the deal they won't read the reviews of the film they will look at the figures and how much it made.

Money talks and, sadly, "Millennium" just didn't make enough of it.

Eth

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

'True dat.' It is all subejctive and it is definitely all about the 'greenbacks' with the powers that be.

Fox still have not been convinced a Millennium movie will make them money, I understand that nobody at Fox today had much to do with the series when it was on originally on air and so there is apparently little empathy for such a project. Therefore a business case needs to be made, and as key cast/production/writing figures have already indicated their positive support, its only the bean counters who remain in need of being convinced.

Soylent, if you are interested in seeing a MLM movie, check out the campaign HQ site representing the cause, https://BacktoFrankBlack.com

Guest thadarkside

'True dat.' It is all subejctive and it is definitely all about the 'greenbacks' with the powers that be.

Fox still have not been convinced a Millennium movie will make them money, I understand that nobody at Fox today had much to do with the series when it was on originally on air and so there is apparently little empathy for such a project. Therefore a business case needs to be made, and as key cast/production/writing figures have already indicated their positive support, its only the bean counters who remain in need of being convinced.

Soylent, if you are interested in seeing a MLM movie, check out the campaign HQ site representing the cause, https://BacktoFrankBlack.com

Well said Graham and Mark. Soylent, it's all about the money. People often wonder why movies like SAW and Friday the 13th and son on get so many sequels even though the plots and stories are pretty week. Bottom line, they continue to make money for the studios. You would think the X-files would be a shoe in for a third film, yet they are having issues due to the fact that the second movie didn't do well domestically.

Although Millennium has a great fan base and the support of many of the cast & crew, FOX needs to believe that a Millennium film has the potential to make money.

Money talks an everything else walks.

I'm hoping someone else besides Fox will step up and take a chance on a MLM movie. Fox has a track record of a lot of screw-ups.

Any recent news on the independent investors that approached Lance about a MLM movie? ouroborous.gif

Already signed the petition months ago! I also Had my friends too XD

Ha ha ha does anyone know any MM fans that have a big voice? Bill gates, Donald trump, the president ect.?

Strange you should mention that but moons ago we did a little branstorming session to see if we could turn up any famous "Millennium" fans who could lend their voices to ours. I spent ages on Google trying to find someone, somewhere who had mentioned it in an interview or referenced it in their work and I couldn't find anyone. That's not to say there isn't anyone just that I couldn't find them.

More power to you for signing the petition and for getting your chums to do the same.

People power!

Eth