Lance Is A Good Actor

Rate this topic

Guest Xircuits

I loved the movie!!! Of course I loved Lance in the movie. :-D I think Paul Anderson deserves a pat on the back for a job well done.

Story wise i thought the movie was horrible. Who did lance play in alien 3, same guy but in the future and this movie takes place in the past and he dies? Also the preds were so huge and slow they just seemed so clumsy, and the movie just pretty much makes all the alien movies point less, reason being the whole idea of the alien movies was "don't let them get to earth" and well they were already on earth? oh and the preds were gods to the first humans? come on, easy way out I think, I just think that this guy did such a great job on event horizon and even resident evil was pretty good, that I feel he should have cared more about the script, and giving himself cridit for the screenplay didnt help either. poor anderson, he has talent but he seems to use it in the wrong places, too much special efects and not enought story. and lances character was good but def. didnt do him justice, Lance is so much better then that, and on top of that they really cut his screen time, sad really the greatest thing in the movie and they cut his screen time down to nothing and killed him with a premature death scene that didnt really work.

Just my opinion, dosnt mean anything, i hate it too when someone stomps on my fave. movies , like event horizon, love that one.

-MM

Who did lance play in alien 3, same guy but in the future and this movie takes place in the past and he dies?

Haven't seen AvP, but in the original Alien 3 Bishop is just an android pretending to be human. In the special edition released last year he bleeds, so he could be human or just some advanced model. But the extended version isn't really canon since it changes a lot of things.

Edited by OS_

Possible Spiler Warning...

Theres a scene in the movie AVP where the Alien looks into Bishop and sees something and doesnt kill him........what is it? why didnt Predator kill him?

i thought maybe he sees what he is dying from or is it something else?

I've inserted spoiler space in your post. Graham. Senior Admin.
Edited by The Old Man

Guest Xircuits

I agree with the fact that in the Alien movies, the whole goal was to not let the Alien reach Earth.

But I really liked the story about the Predators being gods. I mean they are intelligent and powerful. It's obvious. I actually would like to see another Predator movie delving into that history.

I really have to commend Anderson on his action sequences. Too many action/horror/thriller/sci-fi flicks rely on CGI graphics and actors working against lime green screens today. I think his idea of bring many of those characters to life was an incredible feat. Not to mention I'm majoring in Theatre for the construction work. So, if there were more directors like him, then people like me wouldn't be out of a job soo much. I don't want to put CGI down, but I think it was scarier and realistic for an actor to be working with actual beasts. The reaction is much better.

As Lance said in previous interviews, Most sequels are just another rendition of the original. The best sequels include a lot of risk taking. That's what Anderson did and that is why the movie is good. He took a risk. He took a risk by changing the story.

i wouldnt say that i didnt like the fact that he changed the story its just with the other movies being so important he changed the story unrealisticly in a way that to me dosent work, I mean he didnt stick to anything from the comics or movies, and yes the action scenes were very good as far as staging and that he intertwined cgi and practicle sfx together but neither franchise ever really took the turn of major flashy action with out mixing in some heavy suspense, maybe its just the whole movie came and went too fast and he didnt take the time to really develope the character except with the cliche "I got twelve kids to feed" lines. It just seems to have been a studio meat grinder genre film for the present day a.d.d flash cut MTV style kids. Maybe I just set myself up expecting a different movie but although i did like event horizon and resident evil alot and think anderson has talent I just they picked the wrong director for this movie.

-MM