Millennium Seasons 1-3, when ????

Rate this topic

So... i've been waiting rougly 14 years for the score to my favorite tv-show "millennium". A couple of years later, nothing happened of course, besides X-files getting a new movie and what ever. Finally I got a hold of the promo on season 1, but alas that only contained a couple of cues.

Then we had the poor itunes release (lossy) and finally the CD arrived in 2008 :)

But it's missing way too much music from the show. When I heard about one of my favorite record labels were bringing out Harsh Realm and *sigh* another X-files release I was STUNNED they didn't even mention Millennium?

Anyone have an email adress to la la besides their support one? I want to get in touch with someone in a high position asking if they are gonna release a new millennium box, that contains all the cues from seasons 1-3.

Thanks

Yeah. It's Mark Snow who is in the driving seat unfortunately folks and he was able to have the last say as to what was released and how. When the Millennium 2CD release came out he did give a statement to the effect that the realise would be the final release of Millennium material so we can only hope and pray he has reason to change his mind in future.

I had my fingers tightly crossed throughout hoping that the music from Luminary would make the final cut as well as a particularly nice cue from Roosters and neither made the final selection.

We can but hope.

Eth

Whoa that was fast!

Thanks a lot guys and gal's!

I'm gonna try contacting la la as soon as possible.

I'm just curious why would the composer Mark Snow have anything against releasing more music? Granted I wouldn't want to release anything either if I had no buyers. But this is Mark Snow and Millennium, clearly the itunes and la la release would be a clear indication we the fans covets his music.?

Earthnut, I love the music in "Force Majure" as well. In fact it's one of my favorite episodes. I remember back in 96 when it was on tv, Lance and Bradley had such tremendous screen presence it was a bit scary! Not to mention the fact the music really sets the mood in the episode.

My favorite part is when Dennis is talking to Frank at the univeristy, the music really outshines the play in this scene. Which one's are your favorite parts of the episode Earthnut, or perhaps you dig the entire episode?

What are your thoughts on "Loin like a hunting flame" musical wise? And did you like end cues for the last episode of millennium "goodbye to all that"?

I'm happy for the X-files fans getting a huge box, but at the same time i'm also feeling a bit "annoyed" Millennium is always considered second nature.

Thanks again for your help :)

It could well be a commercial motivation for not making the release more substantial and, therefore, more expensive. The original 2CD release was fairly inexpensive and took almost two years to sell a fairly limited release. It might have been considered wise to make the release a 'best of' rather than a complete discography as there is a fairly niche market for his Millennium work and doing this would make it more appealing in terms of cost.

It could simply be that Mark was happy with the tracks he selected and felt that a Millennium 'best of' was the way he wanted his work made available to the consumer. After all these years I am sure he has tracks amongst his work that he likes more than others and I'm sure the chosen selection for the release reflects this.

Either way you can understand the XF releases getting a little more prominence and being a little more comprehensive given that the franchise is infinitely more lucrative than Millennium is. They will go where the money is I guess.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

And you also have to remember, that it might be possible, that even Mark Snow doesn´t have all of his music from all the shows and movies he´s done anymore, MV from La-La-Land indicated something like this, as he stated that they had to look all over the place for certain music from "The X-Files", that wasn´t just sitting there and waiting to be released, the studio itself doesn´t seem to have all the music reels anymore.

Fair point my friend. Evidently it isn't simply a case of pulling a few things out of the archives and packaging them together. There's clearly much more to it than that. When it comes to the X-Box there will no doubt be disappointed folk as well. With a show that spanned as many years as that one did and made so many memorable moments that become inseparable from the music that accompanies them there is bound to be something left out for someone, somewhere. Millennium had over 67 episodes and two CDs when it came to a score release. I knew there was a likelihood that something I cared about wouldn't be on it and I was right so I try not to get to cranky. :oneeyedwinK

Eth

I knew there was a likelihood that something I cared about wouldn't be on it and I was right so I try not to get to cranky. :oneeyedwinK

Eth

Same here Mark. I've always wanted the music that was playing in Force Majeure when they were all getting into the bus. To this day I don't even know what the title of it is and I'd bet you Mark Snow doesn't remember either. Oh well, boo hoo.

• Elders (Moderators)

But remember: The better the X-Box sells, the more likely it will be that more sets will follow, that was already confirmed by La-La-Land.

An no, it´s not just simply putting the music out of the archive and pressing it on CD. The X-Files began in the early 90´s, so nobody knows, which source material the music is on and where the material is to some extend. You have to bring the material up, search through countless hours of music for individual cues, getting all this into the studio, then it has to be remastered, because you don´t want music from 1993 sound different from music recorded in 2000 and it´s possible, that the sources of the music are quite different, maybe from the early 90´s the music only exists on audio cassettes, while newer recordings are in a digital format. If that is done you have to make an artwork and for that you have to clear the rights for pictures, Logos and so on. So it´s no wonder, that some releases take years before they see the light of day and every label is working on numerous CDs at the same time.