Angels And Demons

Rate this topic

Guest Regan MacNeil

Guest Seraphim

You can major in (In the US anyways) Theology and Religion, Philosophy and Religion, Ministry/Church Administration, Religious Education, Biblical Languages, Bible Studies, and Religious Music(Which seems rather wacky). And, like any major, there are various types of degrees you can get for each of these majors. You can specialize in certain religions and such. I am majoring in general Theology and Religion. I am still undecided on some things myself. I only started recently, severe depression can steal a few years of your life >.<, and am still trying to decide on a minor. I am thinking of Zoology, Philosophy, or (and most likely) Biblical Languages.

I am a theology student afterall =P I love angelology and demonology.

Wooh! Do you have interesting links (on the web) about all of that? I'm making a Corpus Universalis (2nd volume) about this kind of subjects.

Guest Seraphim

Theology does have a very broad range in universities here. Though, there are schools that offer nothing pertaining to theology. I still think it stupdi once can essentially "major" in a sport o.x Some schools here are very biased though. One in the Chicago area, Wheaton College, is like that. Theology is a joke there. It's just Right Wing Evangelical programming. To even attend the school, you have to attend their church. In my experience, Evangelisitic schools are the most biased for Theology classes. Mainline Protestant and Catholic affiliated schools are a lot more interesting and open to other religions and unbiased study of them. I was actually raised Lutheran, but a very accepting and liberal Lutheran. There was no condemnation of other chucrhes or religions or such beligerence. As a kid, me and the pastor used to talk about Star Wars XD

Guest Seraphim
Wooh! Do you have interesting links (on the web) about all of that? I'm making a Corpus Universalis (2nd volume) about this kind of subjects.

Thanks  :;):

I can PM you a few sites and names of books that may help you. What specific kind of information were you looking for?

Guest Seraphim
This makes me think you're accepting and liberal are beyond my accepting and liberal, even though our version should be a lot of those as well. But Star Wars ... the guy for me was from a different solar system but that was pretty much it.

It sounds as if they are not very open-minded and tolerant based on your way of saying it. Do the Lutheran Churches there have very self-righteous or beligerent stances?

I can PM you a few sites and names of books that may help you. What specific kind of information were you looking for?

Thanks !

I need everything; in fact, I have no real idea of what I want :eyes:

I need references about demons and angels, about esoterism, alchemy, magic, mathematics, biology, physics, cosmology... About everything! But if you have specific and interesting links about a subject you know well, I'd like to "study" them.

:angel:

Here is an extract of the first volume :

ncq.jpg

Edited by Truth

I also enjoy this line of study and I ran across a book that may interest you all. The Dictonary of Angels including the fallen angels by Gustav Davidson. It list all references to angels (be it biblical, in a movie, in a book or wherever) in alphabetical order some info is good some is crap but with close to 400 pages it should have something to answer questions like these and it looks in all religions folklore etc so you get more than the christan view. Hope this helps.

Guest Seraphim
I also enjoy this line of study and I ran across a book that may interest you all.  The Dictonary of Angels including the fallen angels by Gustav Davidson.  It list all references to angels (be it biblical,  in a movie,  in a book or wherever) in alphabetical order some info is good some is crap but with close to 400 pages it should have something to answer questions like these and it looks in all religions folklore etc so you get more than the christan view.  Hope this helps.

I actually have that. It's an excellent book. Anyone interested in angels should check the book out. Besides the alphabetical listings of information, The back of the book is filled with charts, talismans, the angelic script, etc.. The information is gathered from Jewish, Christian, Islamic, Assyrian, Gnotisc, Zorostrian, and Occult lore and etc.. It's the first book on angels I bought several years ago.

Guest Seraphim

That sounds pretty bad. >.< I am sure you have mentioned it before, but I am afraid I forgot what country you are from.. ^^;;;