Haunted Houses Around the World

Rate this topic

Earthnut

(Everyone, in celebration of Halloween 2015, let's post images of haunted houses from around the world)

~       ~       ~       ~       ~

https://news.yahoo.com/haunted-house-intense-sign-waiver-221007912.html

This Haunted House Is so Intense They Make You Sign a Waiver

On today's edition of #nightmareshit, there's a haunted house that is supposedly so intense, they won't even let you in until you've signed a waiver releasing the place from responsibility if you're traumatized, injured, scarred for life or otherwise messed up by what happens inside. 

It's called The 17th Door, and once you're inside there's no way of getting out — unless you know the safe word "mercy," according to Newsweek. 

The Tustin, California haunt has reportedly had about 350 people use the word since it opened its doors for the first time about two weeks back. 

It takes more than 30 minutes to make it through the house's 17 rooms, making it one of the longest haunted house experiences in the U.S. According to the FAQ on their website, "the actors may grab you and some things may fall on top of you. You may also get wet."

The back story is that once you enter you're inside the house you've entered the mind of Paula, a severely disturbed college student who is apparently losing her shit.

From the official site: 

Come walk with Paula for over 30 minutes through The University and its seventeen rooms of psychological terror… A place so sinister that the personal demons of her past take pig form and roam the campus waiting to haunt her. In this decrepit institution, where evil breeds unchecked, go along with Paula as her life falls hard and fast down a spiral of torture: uncontrollable purging, excessive abuse and bodily harm. Try to calm your senses and gather your courage as you progress from room to room because under the disturbed and watchful eye of this monstrous school, each space tests your emotions and endurance more than the last.
At least they're keeping it indoors.

8 Haunted Houses in New Orleans That Will Scare Your Pants Off'

https://www.yahoo.com/realestate/photos/8-haunted-houses-orleans-scare-slideshow-133930238/?ref=gs

HermannGrimaHouse.jpg

1 / 8
8 Haunted Houses in New Orleans That Will Scare Your Pants Off
The Hermann-Grima House in New Orleans's French Quarter is said to be alive with pleasant, friendly Southern ghosts. They've been known to scatter scented rose and lavender around the rooms and light the fireplaces to make it cozy. Built in 1831 for prosperous Creoles, it's now a museum and one of the most significant residences in New Orleans. Source: Flickr user wallyg

MonteleoneHotel.xxxlarge.jpg

2 / 8
The magnificent Beaux Arts-style Hotel Monteleone in the French Quarter, famous for its rotating carousel piano bar, is haunted by former owners, staff, and guests. The spirit of a jazz singer is often heard singing in a room in the middle of the night. And the spirit of children who died there of yellow fever have been seen on the 14th floor. Photos courtesy of Hotel Monteleone

beauregard-keyes-house.jpg

beauregard-keyes-house.jpg

3 / 8
The Beauregard-Keyes House is said to be haunted by its former owner, Confederate General P.G.T. Beauregard, and his troops with loud footsteps and apparitions of bloody soldiers in full military dress, as well as by a fiddle player making music. Photos courtesy of Beauregard-Keyes House

hotelprovincial.png.cf.jpg

4 / 8
The Hotel Provincial, parts of which were once used as a Civil War Confederate hospital, is haunted with entities of medical staff and wounded soldiers reaching out for help and moaning. Hotel staff have seen blood stains appear and disappear on the sheets. Photos courtesy of Hotel Provincial

lepavilion.jpg

5 / 8
Le Pavilion Hotel is said to be one of the most haunted hotels in New Orleans. Most reported is the ghost of a teenage girl named Ada from the 1840s who was struck and killed by a carriage before she was set to board a ship with her family. She is often seen pacing in the lobby and saying, "Pardon me, I am . . . very lost," before vanishing. Photos courtesy of Le Pavilion Hotel

oldabsinthehouse.jpg

6 / 8
The Old Absinthe House, whose 200-year-old bar is famous for its enchantment-inducing cocktails, is haunted by famous customers who used to party there, such as Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau, Andrew Jackson, and Jean Lafitte. Bottles, glasses, and chairs have been seen moving around the bar, and doors are often seen opening and closing on their own. Photos courtesy of Old Absinthe House

the-columns-hotel.jpg

7 / 8
The Columns Hotel, the former home of tobacco merchant Simon Hernsheim, is said to be haunted by a woman in a white gown who floats around the ballroom and garden, a girl who visits the third-floor balcony, and a disembodied Southern gentleman who checks in on guests. Yikes! Photos courtesy of The Columns Hotel

8 / 8
The Lafitte Guest House is said to be haunted by the spirit of a baby who died there and a girl who died of yellow fever, as well as her mother. The infant and mother have been heard crying, while the girl has appeared in the mirror of the room where she died and has talked to guests who are children. Photos courtesy of Lafitte Guest House

SunbrightManor-1024x706.jpg

This is an old house in DeFuniak SPrings. I lived south of that town when I was a kid.  I'd pass this house twice a day during the week, on the way to school.. The other kids on the bus said it was haunted, that there were cold spots in the octagon  area, doors would open and close, etc...  I loved the house, wished it was mine.   It was yellow back then.  The first episode of Millennium  took me back to this house,  because it was the first yellow house I'd ever seen, and boy this is some house!  It sits up higher than this picture portrays. It's on a bit of a  hill from the highway I'd pass it by on..   The street it's listed on  is normally where the view in a picture is from,  less dramatic.   They call it Sunbright Manor .

Neato!  We have a place called Ozone Pizza and pub. It's in the basement floor of the old Sacred Heart hospital. They say it's haunted.  The ghost of a nun taps people on the shoulder as they are going to the restroom. Ate there, used the restroom, no tapping!   Pizza was awesome though.