New X-files Movie?

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

Go here to read entire article:

The Sun (UK) Duchovny Article

Brief, but integral, tidbits from Duchovny:

"In an exclusive interview David Duchovny, who played Fox Mulder in the cult sci-fi TV series for eight years, told us he and the show’s creator Chris Carter are planning on making a sequel to their 1998 movie."

"...Chris is working on the script right now with Frank Spotnitz, who was one of the writers on the show."

"I think we’re going back to the ‘monster of the week’ type feel, where if you’re not an avid fan and don’t understand the mythology you can still come to it and get the movie..."

This last point makes the prospect of the movie a little less appealing to me. During the series the "monster of the week" shows were somewhat uneven in quality and some took a real stretch of the imagination from the realm of wierd science into fantasy. I hope they do a lot of planning before they shoot anything...

I realize they tended to close out a lot of loose ends in the alien/conspiracy mythology by the time the series ended. (I saw only two or three of the last year's episodes, so if I've misspoken on this point it's because of that.) I could get into the alien mythology with all its twists, turns and surprises, though.

I truly enjoyed the alien conspiracy mytharc to The X-Files, at least untill they started having aliens burst out of people's chests, & ooooze about in Russian oil, killing people.... (did CC have stock in domestic oil companys or something? :tongue: )

I loved The X Files, especialy the early years... When the monsters were either so creepy and terrifying that it didn't matter that it wasn't believable... Like "Tooms"..... Or when it made you think..... "Maybe it realy COULD be real!"... Like "Jersy Devil".

Guest fledgling666

wouldn't an x-files film with this sort of premise totally destroy the chance of there ever being a Millennium film?

wouldn't an x-files film with this sort of premise totally destroy the chance of there ever being a Millennium film?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why would it??

And as far as the movie goes, I do hate the fact that they killed pretty much all the lead characters in "The truth", and if CC would go with the "the monster of the week" it has to be really thought through. I'd rather see CC do something with the conspiracy thing. Bring in some new "bad guys" perhaps.