The Fourth Horseman / The Time Is Now

Rate this topic

Guest arcanamundi

Guest arcanamundi

So here I am, about to watch the final 2 episodes of season 2, after having re-experienced the terrors and wonders of seasons 1 & 2 (and wondering how long I'll have to wait until they release season 3 in the U.S., although really, in my opinion, the end of season 2 was the exhilarating apocalyptic roller coaster climax of the series.) I haven't seen these 2 eps in years; I recall it was terrifying, psychedelic, and mind-blowing.

Okay, here I go ---

'In the year 2525....'

Guest canadian girl

I know exactly how you feel. I watched the final two episodes of Season 2 this past week. I hadn't seen them since they originally aired either.

I must admit I cried a bit at the end. :eyes:

I guess my Millenium reobsession will have to cool down a bit until I can buy season 3.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I know exactly how you feel.  I watched the final two episodes of Season 2 this past week.  I hadn't seen them since they originally aired either.

I must admit I cried a bit at the end. :eyes:

I guess my Millenium reobsession will have to cool down a bit until I can buy season 3.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I am going through an internal battle with myself over season three. On one hand, seeing these episodes that I haven't' seen in about 7 years is the important part, but on the other hand, I would like to have the U.S. release in my collection and, being a man of modest means, buying the Asian copy and then later buying the U.S. version in June might be a little rich for my blood. Sure, I could afford it, but it is a practical way to spend $50. Then again, I might have another $25 Amazon.com visa gift card by then, so if it turns out like last time, with super saving shipping, the 30% discount and $25 gift card, it might cost me very little out of pocket. Then, of course, there is the issue of quality if you buy from the wrong person, and if you buy from China, you will still have to wait as long as a month to get the dang thing. Quite a conundrum.... As for Fourth Horseman and Time Is Near, you are in for a real treat in my opinion. There are those who think that it was a terrible ending, but I'm among the group who thinks the show was never better.

Guest chrisnu

I think that "The Time Is Now" is definitely one of the most ambitious episodes created, but I don't think that it's entirely successful. There are some sequences that looked very poorly shot, and to make that music video the entire third act was a disaster. It took up much-needed time for more plot exposition.

Guest blondton13
Yeah, I am going through an internal battle with myself over season three. On one hand, seeing these episodes that I haven't' seen in about 7 years is the important part, but on the other hand, I would like to have the U.S. release in my collection and, being a man of modest means, buying the Asian copy and then later buying the U.S. version in June might be a little rich for my blood. Sure, I could afford it, but it is a practical way to spend $50. Then again, I might have another $25 Amazon.com visa gift card by then, so if it turns out like last time, with super saving shipping, the 30% discount and $25 gift card, it might cost me very little out of pocket. Then, of course, there is the issue of quality if you buy from the wrong person, and if you buy from China, you will still have to wait as long as a month to get the dang thing. Quite a conundrum.... As for Fourth Horseman and Time Is Near, you are in for a real treat in my opinion. There are those who think that it was a terrible ending, but I'm among the group who thinks the show was never better.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, then you'll just have to live off my happiness while I sit here and watch S3 (as soon as possible because I have no patience or ability to wait) and then I will be done and sad and you can whoop it up in June and console me!!! :wtf:

Guest SouthernCelt
I think that "The Time Is Now" is definitely one of the most ambitious episodes created, but I don't think that it's entirely successful. There are some sequences that looked very poorly shot, and to make that music video the entire third act was a disaster. It took  up much-needed time for more plot exposition.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While I agree the "music video" segment :guitar: was a bit long compared to the other scenes, I thought it fit very well since it defined Lara's departure from reality so well. I agree with several others that this might have been the best episode of the series. Of course I'm a bit partial to the conspiracy/final days aspects of the plotline. :devil::angel2:

BEER---> Just watched 'Owls & Roosters' last night. Keeping in mind of Friday's at nine. Trying to time it all for season 3. Then I guess I'll start over again. Damn it I want a movie or something after that. What's the matter with you Fox and CC, get with it, we're here and we want more.

BELCH

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
While I agree the "music video" segment :guitar: was a bit long compared to the other scenes, I thought it fit very well since it defined Lara's departure from reality so well.  I agree with several others that this might have been the best episode of the series.  Of course I'm a bit partial to the conspiracy/final days aspects of the plotline. :devil:  :angel2:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, and will even take it a step further and say that the scene with the song "Horses" was no too long, but just right, and yes, I agree that it fit very well with Lara's "departure". I remember it as being one of my favorites, and i still think it was very well done, but viewing seasons one and two again, I don't think it stands out quite as much as one of the greats like it did in my memory. Maybe it has just lost a little of its impact after several recent viewings. I still rate it in the top 10 though, maybe even the top 5.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Well, then you'll just have to live off my happiness while I sit here and watch S3 (as soon as possible because I have no patience or ability to wait) and then I will be done and sad and you can whoop it up in June and console me!!!  :wtf:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that is kind of a double edge sword. You wait so long to get them, and you are in a state of euphoria when they arrive, but after a few days it starts to occur to you that in a couple days you will have watched all of the episodes and it's all over. I will be there to console you, but you will also have the consolation of watching your favorites from all three seasons again and again. I am looking at the season 3 DVD on Ebay right now (ends in 20 minutes), but the seller has a feedback score of only 92.5%, and I tend to shy away from scores under 99%. I'll just continue to browse until something jumps out at me. I'm still enjoying season one and two repeats enough to hold me over for a bit.