The Fourth Horseman / The Time Is Now

Rate this topic

Guest arcanamundi

From everything I've read I think Lance would have loved to do one more season but after that I think he would be more than ready to move on. He loves a challenge but then moves on to something different.. besides doing a series leaves little time to spend with a wife and family and pottery. :ouro:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Frank L.

I personally loved this two-parter. "The Fourth Horseman" had a fantastic

'end', and "The Time Is Now" was a brilliant (and unique) hour of television.

While watching I thought the 'music video with Lara going insane' was a bit

too long, but afterwards I thought about it, and realised it was actually great.

Every once in a while there's a movie or an episode of a TV series that will make

you feel like you have been smashed with a rock on the back of your head.

"The Time Is Now" has an ending like that. It left me staring at my TV (that I

already turned off) for a few minutes.

Even now, after having watched The Time Is Now about 743 times since I bought the box set, the whole Lara's brain-seeps-out segment is still jarring. Not necessarily the content of it, but just how bizarre it is for a television show. Bottom line, I think it still works, seven years later. Though someone a few posts back mentioned about wanting a bit more exposition. Agreed, which just goes to show that an hour of Millennium each week was always at least an hour too short!

Guest LeHah

Season 2 - while it flip-flopped from truely terrible to truely great - never really seemed to hit the nail on the head with the ideas they were presenting. I felt that it lacked the hardcore edge of realism that the original season had, like the show was backpeddling. But those last two episodes (as well as Owls/Roosters) are absolutely the cream of the crop.

BTW - wonderful icon, chrisnu! I'm a big TP fan too.

Season 2 - while it flip-flopped from truely terrible to truely great - never really seemed to hit the nail on the head with the ideas they were presenting. I felt that it lacked the hardcore edge of realism that the original season had, like the show was backpeddling. But those last two episodes (as well as Owls/Roosters) are absolutely the cream of the crop..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was definitely more mystical, and I think that one can see the season that

way because there really wasn't a gradual change, a slow revealing of apocalyptic ideas, knowledge over a few seasons. It was always a bit more compartmentalized than it could've been. Of course, without any executive production continuity, you're gonna get that. I think it was handled quite well, but there is a marked difference between 1 and 2 compared to how the X-Files was handled, for example; a little bit here, a little bit there.

At least for me, 1 and 2 are about equal in grooviness, 3 only slightly lower I suppose.

Guest Gatekeeper
So here I am, about to watch the final 2 episodes of season 2, after having re-experienced the terrors and wonders of seasons 1 & 2 (and wondering how long I'll have to wait until they release season 3 in the U.S., although really, in my opinion, the end of season 2 was the exhilarating apocalyptic roller coaster climax of the series.)  I haven't seen these 2 eps in years; I recall it was terrifying, psychedelic, and mind-blowing.

Okay, here I go ---

'In the year 2525....'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed it was.

The scene with Lara means spiralling into insanity was both highly original and stunning the first time I saw it. I literally could not believe what I was seeing - a near 9 minute tripping out scene sung to the theme of Patti Smith's Horses. What hit me the most was that one could really feel Lara's pain thanks to the clever use of metaphorical imagery. Such imagery created an almost subliminal-type sense of fear and awe.

A truly daring piece of work for a television show. Morgan and Wong knew how to go out with a bang. :oneeyedwinK

• 1 month later...
Guest Frank L.
A truly daring piece of work for a television show.  Morgan and Wong knew how to go out with a bang.  :oneeyedwinK

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes. The image of a devastated Frank (with shocking white hair) with Jordan, the static and the screaming really got to me. Morgan and Wong really DID go out with a bang.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gatekeeper
So here I am, about to watch the final 2 episodes of season 2, after having re-experienced the terrors and wonders of seasons 1 & 2 (and wondering how long I'll have to wait until they release season 3 in the U.S., although really, in my opinion, the end of season 2 was the exhilarating apocalyptic roller coaster climax of the series.)  I haven't seen these 2 eps in years; I recall it was terrifying, psychedelic, and mind-blowing.

Okay, here I go ---

'In the year 2525....'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The two-parter "The Fourth Horseman/The Time is Now" is definitely one of my favourite set of Millennium episodes. Lara Means descent into insanity was riveting television because it made the viewer "feel" her pain thanks to the clever use of metaphorical imagery and sound coupled with a lengthy running time. When I first saw this scene back in 1998 I was shellshocked. I could not believe that a TV show could be so daring and provocative enough to show someone actually "losing it" in a graphical sense.

I don't think i've ever been as transfixed to a TV episode as I was when I saw that scene and the end of TTIN where the marbug virus took hold. The intermittent bursts of static acurately depicted a breakdown in reality.

Okay, here I go ---

'In the year 2525....'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the time is now is hard to beat as far as episodes go, great story and even better ending, but ive watched season 1 and 2 so many times now i really wish season 3 would come out just so i can get some closure, i havent seen season 3 episodes since they originally aired so looking forward to it.

the time is now is hard to beat as far as episodes go, great story and even better ending, but ive watched season 1 and 2 so many times now i really wish season 3 would come out just so i can get some closure, i havent seen season 3 episodes since they originally aired so looking forward to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gunslinger....by the apparent lack of support the 3rd season is getting in Psycho's poll of "Favorite MillenniuM Episode", i am saddened to say that both of us are in for a letdown...but if i know you, just like me, we will greedily snatch it up the second its released...for This is Who We Are... :clapping:

Till the Last Change....Be Done..

fourhorsemen

post-1098-1116609650_thumb.jpg