Emmy Episodes

Rate this topic

Guest ZeusFaber

Guest ZeusFaber

An interesting question just popped into my mind. Since Millennium was, unfortunately, rather underappreicated by the outside world, it didn't get all that many Emmy nominations over the years. However, I would be interested to learn which five episodes were submitted each season. Anyone have any ideas?

The following are just my guesses (not neccessarily a favourites list), but I'd love to know which episodes were really submitted for consideration. If you don't have any information, feel free to join in the guessing game:

1997 (49th Annual):

Pilot, Weeds, The Thin White Line, Lamentation, Paper Dove

1998 (50th Annual):

The Beginning and the End, Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense, Midnight of the Century, The Mikado, The Time is Now

1999 (51st Annual):

Closure, Omerta, The Sound of Snow, Matryoshka, Seven and One

Guest zombieromero

I can't think of a single episode of Millennium that doesn't deserve recognition, although the list you have made seems to be in the ballpark.

Guest ZeusFaber

True, but if you had to limit yourself to five, which would you select to showcase a good balance of writing, directing, cinematography, editing, music, make-up, etcetera etcetera?

Guest chrisnu

What I would submit for Emmy consideration:

Season One: "Pilot", "Dead Letters", "The Thin White Line", "Lamentation", "Powers, Principalities, Thrones & Dominions"

Season Two: "The Curse of Frank Black", "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense", "Midnight of the Century", "Luminary", "The Mikado"

Season Three: "Skull and Bones", "Borrowed Time", "The Sound of Snow". "Nostalgia", "Goodbye To All That"

Guest ZeusFaber

Thanks. I found the list of nominations in your other thread.

However, it doesn't say what was submitted each year. Anyone have that information to hand?

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

To be honest, Millennium should really have been nominated for best series, best camerawork et al overall for S1 but not really for the following two. S1 is by far the most gripping experience and deserved recognition for that. The other 2 seasons were merely superior Sci-Fi and not in themselves worthy of mention more than a multitude of other shows. Seasons 1 and 3 had a fair number of episodes that really should have been nominated however.

As to episodes, well...

'Pilot', 'Lamentation', 'The Innocents' and 'Skull and Bones' are the only episodes that I think should definately have made it. They were extraordinarly powerful episodes for any genre and their omission is nothing short of criminal. Episodes like 'Dead Letters', 'Borrowed Time' etc are good but don't stand out as being landmark episodes of sufficient quality that even non-fans of the show would appreciate them.

Guest A Stranger
Episodes like 'Dead Letters', 'Borrowed Time' etc are good but don't stand out as being landmark episodes of sufficient quality that even non-fans of the show would appreciate them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? Those two stick out as the best the series had to offer for me.

Guest Max Fenig
To be honest, Millennium should really have been nominated for best series, best camerawork et al overall for S1 but not really for the following two. S1 is by far the most gripping experience and deserved recognition for that. The other 2 seasons were merely superior Sci-Fi and not in themselves worthy of mention more than a multitude of other shows. Seasons 1 and 3 had a fair number of episodes that really should have been nominated however.

As to episodes, well...

'Pilot', 'Lamentation', 'The Innocents' and 'Skull and Bones' are the only episodes that I think should definately have made it. They were extraordinarly powerful episodes for any genre and their omission is nothing short of criminal. Episodes like 'Dead Letters', 'Borrowed Time' etc are good but don't stand out as being landmark episodes of sufficient quality that even non-fans of the show would appreciate them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man, Season One fanatics never fail to confuse me. I agree that "Dead Letters" is overrated, but "Borrowed Time" is phenomenal, and I have no idea what stands out about "The Innocents". "Skull & Bones" had great cinematography, and was recognized for it. Otherwise, it was bottom of the barrel. Season One was pretty by-the-numbers for the first half. I won't deny that from "Force Majeure" on it was nearly perfect, though ("Force Majeure" through "Powers" is one of the best runs of the series). Still... I'm just saying, I personally don't get it. Season Two was a much more well-rounded year, to me, although Season Three showed me that it was the whole of the series that counted in the end.