Hungarian Workers Get Shock At Bottom Of Rum Barrel

Rate this topic

Guest The Black Lodge

Guest The Black Lodge

Hungarian builders who drank their way to the bottom of a huge barrel of rum while renovating a house got a nasty surprise when a pickled corpse tumbled out of the empty barrel, a police magazine website reported.

According to online magazine www.zsaru.hu, workers in Szeged in the south of Hungary tried to move the barrel after they had drained it, only to find it was surprisingly heavy and were shocked when the body of a naked man fell out.

The website said that the body of the man had been shipped back from Jamaica 20 years ago by his wife in the barrel of rum in order to avoid the cost and paperwork of an official return.

According to the website, workers said the rum in the 300-liter barrel had a "special taste" so they even decanted a few bottles of the liquor to take home.

The wife has since died and the man was buried in a proper grave.

https://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,...1927327,00.html

:ill:

Guest SouthernCelt

There's probably a whole bunch of Hungarians that just "went on the wagon" after this hit the news!

Guest The Black Lodge
There's probably a whole bunch of Hungarians that just "went on the wagon" after this hit the news!

LOL - well, I always knew there was a good reason why I never enjoyed drinking anyway - and this pretty much fits the bill!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Hungarian builders who drank their way to the bottom of a huge barrel of rum while renovating a house got a nasty surprise when a pickled corpse tumbled out of the empty barrel, a police magazine website reported.

According to online magazine www.zsaru.hu, workers in Szeged in the south of Hungary tried to move the barrel after they had drained it, only to find it was surprisingly heavy and were shocked when the body of a naked man fell out.

The website said that the body of the man had been shipped back from Jamaica 20 years ago by his wife in the barrel of rum in order to avoid the cost and paperwork of an official return.

According to the website, workers said the rum in the 300-liter barrel had a "special taste" so they even decanted a few bottles of the liquor to take home.

The wife has since died and the man was buried in a proper grave.

https://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,...1927327,00.html

:ill:

Pretty CREEPY!!! BTW, have I told you BL that I am friggin' JEALOUS of your avatar!!!? It is a rare thing that I am actually stirred to envy, but you have seriously done it my friend! :angry::censored-1: