"... it's HIDEOUS!"

Rate this topic

I had to tell you guys this!  I was at work last week and I was chaning my computer wallpaper.  I kept trying different ones with Frank's face looming predominantly, to see which one I liked the most.  Every time that someone noticed one of the wallpapers they each had a similar reaction.

One said, "Oh my god!  What's wrong with that guy!  He's scary!"

Another said, "Wow! Who's that?! He looks like a psycho!"

Still another said, "Who is that?!  He looks like he's gonna kill someone!"

And yes, another actually said this, "Who's that guy! Man, he looks like he needs some meds!"  To which I replied, "Yeah, a high dose of ProLoft!" and laughed.  Of course, they really didn't know what I was talking about.  They probably just thought it was another anti-depressant, or perhaps they hought I said Zoloft.  But, either way, I enjoyed the joke to myself!

Though folks might find this funny!

I was stunned by how many people didn't recognize him.  But then again, the folks I work with... well... let's just say they probably stick with the more conventional forms of TV and film.  But, still!  Wouldn't they remember him from Terminator or Aliens, or Powder, or something?

I actually don't think Lance is hideous.  He definitely has a dark (not complexion) and intense look about him, which was absolutely perfect for the role of Frank Black.  Then add to that the emotional range of expression that Lance showed on that face of his as Frank Black.  Unbelieveable!  I think that Franks facial expression were like almost half of what made the show as great and effectual as it was!

:hands4: Scott

Guest Wellington

Hi

I am a bit surprised by this reactions... I cannot see Lance as scary, but he sure has a distinctive look. I totally agree with you: he was the man for the job, and I would add that Frank is a living contrast. If you walk by him you may not be tempted to have a chat with him (the weathered way he has to always seem to be many steps ahead of your own thoughts). One look from him and you can think he disagrees or is even bored by what you have in mind!! That is completely different when he is talking: he sounds soothing and the way his phrases are constructed show much more education and knowledge (as well as experience) than average and you may well be sticking for that chat after all! Maybe it is time they make wallpapers with sound!  :ouro:

Regards

Guest TheSunKing1972
I too am surprised by those reactions. Lance doesn't look scary...most of the time (in photos from MillenniuM) he looks more concerned than anything. Maybe it's just that those people at your workplace are idiots and cannot read facial expressions? Or maybe they all secretly work for the group and they are trying to confuse you about Frank like they tried to do to agent Hollis  :wink_big:  :frank_black:

I think it could be the wallpapers themselves.  They all capture images of Frank in his most intense, angry, or intimidating glances.  Which is on purpose of course.  So, I think this might have something to do with the reactions of those unfamiliar with the show or his work.

scott

• 1 month later...
Guest Justa Fan

That's funny...I had Lance wallpapered on my workstation

and was politely asked to change it to something a bit

less shocking!

I stuck Gillian Anderson holding baby "William"  on my

screen and now everyone is making "Coo-ing" sounds!

People....go figure? :wink_big:

• 1 month later...
Guest Xircuits

I remember what my mother said when she was watching Millennium with me in China. She said that he can make his face look evil, while I could only make my face look like I'm going to kill someone. :thinking_big:

I'd have to say that yes, Lance does have a very distinct face about him. To me, his weathered face only signify that he's been through a lot in his life and that he's learned soo many life lessons first hand. He's one of my role models, which got me thinking about getting involved with theatre and actually pursuing that major in college now.  :thumbsup_big:

I've made several wallpapers with Lance and my mother said he looks really good in them. I remember reading an article about Lance and a co-star told him that he would have to grow into his face before people would accept him in Hollywood because he looked awkward when he was first starting out. Now look at where he is.  :smily_tooth_big:

I love Lance's face; there's just soo much about it that you can't ignore.

But, still!  Wouldn't they remember him from Terminator or Aliens, or Powder, or something?

everyone i know knows Lance from Aliens, but to me he will always be frank black.

and ya he can make some scary, creepy faces but thats the best part of him.

19:19

:Ouro_Large:

Guest Xircuits

I know he's best known for Bishop in Aliens. In fact, if you go to the 2nd floor of Loews Theatre on 32-34th Street in New York City, you will see on the wall his famous line, "I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid."

I actually had my aunt take a picture of me with that quote and wearing one of Lance's Potter shirts that I ordered with a watermelon bowl for my mother during Christmas-time.