Another news item suggesting a MM & X-Files plotline

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest SouthernCelt

On the sun-splashed Caribbean island of St. Kitts, Yale University researchers are injecting millions of human brain cells into the heads of monkeys afflicted with Parkinson's disease.

Perhaps they call it St. Kitts but it sounds like the Island of Dr. Moreau to me. Although they vehemently deny that they're trying to create a human-animal hybrid or chimera, you just have to think that in our world today, there has to be at least one researcher out of every 50 or 100 ethical ones that is trying to do just that (financed by the Millennium Group,perhaps?).

I don't know ... I agree that there ought to be ethical limits for science also (as should be for politics and economy). But I don't really think that they're trying to create a chimera or any such thing. They would need embryos for that, wouldn't they?

And while millions of brain cells sounds like a whole lot, but the human brain has a size of about 100 billion brain cells. Besides, I think since Parkinson has become more and more common, there really is a need for a good therapy.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
On the sun-splashed Caribbean island of St. Kitts, Yale University researchers are injecting millions of human brain cells into the heads of monkeys afflicted with Parkinson's disease.

Perhaps they call it St. Kitts but it sounds like the Island of Dr. Moreau to me. Although they vehemently deny that they're trying to create a human-animal hybrid or chimera, you just have to think that in our world today, there has to be at least one researcher out of every 50 or 100 ethical ones that is trying to do just that (financed by the Millennium Group,perhaps?).

Ah yes, I had heard about that; it is also rumoured that they secretly spirited 4th Horseman away and injected millions of monkey cells into his brain...

I think the result is rather fascinating myself... :yes: