Memento Mori

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

We have a new member here, by name of the_gift_8x11, who contacted me privately asking me to check over his transcript of Frank Spotnitz's commentary on Memento Mori. Of course I was more than happy to help out someone who has done a transcript – especially as they are not easy to do.

I was even more delighted to learn that he has also transcribed several X-Files episodes but under a different name, X-Follower, which I recognised immediately. On my X-Files web site I've collected transcripts for all episodes and his are there as well.

With his permission, I've added his excellent commentary transcript.

The direct link is: www.chelonium.plus.com/txf/season4/4x15commentary.html

Since this episode, following on from 'Leonard Betts', begins the Scully-cancer arc, Frank Spotnitz's commentary is particularly important for focussed X-Files fans. There are a few other interesting things:

Frank obviously had very warm memories about the episode – there were times he talked really quite fast (hence my admiration for the_gift's ability to transcribe it).

For the shippers: Note Frank's admiration for DD and GA being able to convey the emotions between Mulder and Scully – he suggests watching some of the scenes with the sound off, just to appreciate how great these two actors are.

The episode was written in a rush. And was edited by CC immediately before CC and FS wrote the movie script.

Darin Morgan was supposed to write a script for Season 4, but sadly didn't.

You learn who the real 'Kurt Crawford' is.

This commentary transcript is worth reading even for those who were not focussed fans of the X-Files.

And, Welcome to TIWWA, the_gift. :clapping: