Apocalypse Soon?

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

i myself do believe there will come a day in which we will have to finalize our allegience to GOD.

Being a christian myself and studying the bible i have a hard time believing that GOD will destroy something he had created and loved so much. What i mean is Earth and Man. Even though i enjpy reading and studying about the apocolypse its just my opinion what we think might happen at the end of days may not even happen at all that way. THis is only my views and opinion

Guest SouthernCelt
i myself do believe there will come a day in which we will have to finalize our allegience to GOD...

I agree. Lest you think my flippant comment was making light of the religious beliefs, my meaning was that this is made to sound like it's (the apocalypse) something new in religious teaching which is ludicrous. The other thing that has happened due to such media coverage is misdirection on what the meaning of the term 'apocalypse' really is. Although some religions vehemently teach the literal meaning of Revelation and equate 'apocalypse' with cataclysm, others teach that Revelation is only symbolic. The problem comes in that both overlook the meaning of 'apocalypse' which is the revealing or uncovering of the next stage of God's plan for mankind. In addition to believing that no man will know exactly when the apocalypse will occur, I also believe we cannot precisely know the way in which it will occur.

I agree. Lest you think my flippant comment was making light of the religious beliefs, my meaning was that this is made to sound like it's (the apocalypse) something new in religious teaching which is ludicrous. The other thing that has happened due to such media coverage is misdirection on what the meaning of the term 'apocalypse' really is. Although some religions vehemently teach the literal meaning of Revelation and equate 'apocalypse' with cataclysm, others teach that Revelation is only symbolic. The problem comes in that both overlook the meaning of 'apocalypse' which is the revealing or uncovering of the next stage of God's plan for mankind. In addition to believing that no man will know exactly when the apocalypse will occur, I also believe we cannot precisely know the way in which it will occur.
SC. I agree with you completely...here are a few references from that little known book called the Bible (LOL)..

Mark 13:21-22 - And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here [is] Christ; or, lo, [he is] there; believe [him] not: For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect.

Mark 13:28 - Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:

Mark 13:32 - But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Mark 13:33 - Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

4th Horseman..

the not knowing as we have seen through history and drove people in doing drastic things and cause bizzare behavior. For me the not knowing doesnt bother me. I agree SC with your last statement, the apocolypse could very well be the next stage but not the final stage. A revelation to usher in Paradise?

we just dont know when this will all happen. Thats why i live each day to its fullest