Hi All

Guest CJ450

Guest CJ450

Hi All, i'm glad i have found this great forum, and am pleased to be a member.

As a long time fan, i was always facinated with Terry O'Quinns performance as Peter Watts,

i would have loved an episode based around him, i.e. viewing the day through his eyes, having to deal with both the MM group and Frank, deciding what information to reveal and what to hide, his relationship with his family etc.

Thanks

Guest SouthernCelt

As a long time fan, i was always facinated with Terry O'Quinns performance as Peter Watts,

i would have loved an episode based around him, i.e. viewing the day through his eyes, having to deal with both the MM group and Frank, deciding what information to reveal and what to hide, his relationship with his family etc.

Thanks

:hiya: Welcome to TIWWA.

In my opinion the episode that comes closest to what you wish for is 'Collateral Damage' from Season Three. Although Peter didn't get more screen time, he was taken to task in a new way for his work with the group. It was sort of a "sins of the father being visited on the sons" type of story (with of course Peter's child being a daughter since he has no sons which is an important issue in another episode).

Welcome to TIWWA!

Yes i would of loved to see an episode that had Watts POV. I always wanted to see more about Peter and Franks relationship. I liked it better when Frank and Peter where friends instead of enemies, like in Season 3.

On the other hand i would love to seen a fist fight between Peter and Frank

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. As you become more and more familiar with the board, I am sure that, like me, you will be quite impressed with everything it has to offer, including a creative and proactive staff that keeps giving us new and interesting stuff. Unlike many of the fan pages I have visited in the past, this site is always changing and improving, and the show itself was so brilliant that it manages to maintain a healthy fan base, here and elsewhere.

I agree, I would have loved to have seen an episode that centered around Peter. I think that, if the show had progressed for a few more years, we would have seen something like this, much like the X-files, where they had an episode about the cigarette smoking man, one that was pretty much all about the Lone Gunmen, an episode where Skinner pretty much stole the show, and so on. With all the talk and admiration here for Frank, I think Peter sometimes gets lost in the shuffle, and Terry O'Quinn might not get some of the credit he deserves for the incredible job he does playing Peter Watts. I am always wavering back in forth as to who my favorite character is after Frank, but it is always either Peter or Lara, depending on my current mood. I agree though, Peter was always a very fascinating character who was written and acted to perfection.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___

Thanks

Hey CJ and welcome! :hiya:

Excellent suggestion; I've always been a fan of Peter's too (not NEARLY as much as Emma, of course... :nope: ) But, I think the show that SC mentions above was a great episode; as I've mentioned in an earlier post I REALLY liked this episode particularly due to the scene where Peter asks Frank for help to find his daughter. He goes from this hard nose bad@ss guy that's he's turned into in Season 3 (one of the definite negatives of S3 in my lowly opinion) into this genuinely heartfelt guy pleading for Franks help. I really like the scene because it begins to mend the friendship between them a little, which is VERY welcome.

You will really like the board here; there are LOTS of interesting people and some certifiable characters here, although I'm not mentioning any names (but thier initials are J. & MiB :oneeyedwinK )

Have lots of fun and I'm looking forward to seeing your posts!!! :yes:

BTW..., what DO you think of Season 2...???

Heh heh... :gehenna:

Guest CJ450

Hi 'Lathe' "BTW..., what DO you think of Season 2...???"

A lot of fans were split over the direction Wong and Morgan were taking the show, but then again i think Season 3, was too close to the X-Files format especially the Frank Black/Emma Hollis (Mulder/Scully) FBI type partnership.

I liked Season 2 's 'historical' episodes - 'the hand of St.Sebastian' , 'Owls & Roosters' as it gave the MM group some historical depth.

It introduced Lara Means, and we saw deeper inside the MM group than before, with the Old man and the Rooster / Owl factions.

So overall i prefered Season 2 to 3 (i know many didn't) Just my 2 pence worth.

Hi 'Lathe' "BTW..., what DO you think of Season 2...???"

A lot of fans were split over the direction Wong and Morgan were taking the show, but then again i think Season 3, was too close to the X-Files format especially the Frank Black/Emma Hollis (Mulder/Scully) FBI type partnership.

I liked Season 2 's 'historical' episodes - 'the hand of St.Sebastian' , 'Owls & Roosters' as it gave the MM group some historical depth.

It introduced Lara Means, and we saw deeper inside the MM group than before, with the Old man and the Rooster / Owl factions.

So overall i prefered Season 2 to 3 (i know many didn't) Just my 2 pence worth.

AHHHHH..., add yet one MORE perceptive voice to the ever growing elite ranks of the WUSSY BUTT-KICKERS!!!

AHHHHH..., add yet one MORE perceptive voice to the ever growing elite ranks of the WUSSY BUTT-KICKERS!!!

BTW... 'The Great One' gets an automatic dispensation from the WUSSY group because..., well, he is 'The Great One'!!! :notworthy: