Hi All

Guest CJ450

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
You keep embrassing me and I'll despatch Mabius!

:notworthy: UNDERSTOOD!!! :notworthy:

Uh..., do you suppose that you could dispatch Emma...??? :w00t:

• 1 month later...
Guest Homer B. Petty

season 2 is superior to both seasons two and one as it incorporates the best aspects of both whilst significantly deepening the overall plot. It amazes me that Carter stayed away to do the X-Files movie rather than develop his 'baby' personally. People who cuss 2 just wanted to see a show called Frank Black Investigates.

Guest ZeusFaber

Not sure which word is a typo there. Did you mean to say:

"season 2 is superior to both seasons three and one"

or

"season 3 is superior to both season two and one"?

Guest Homer B. Petty
Hi All, i'm glad i have found this great forum, and am pleased to be a member.

As a long time fan, i was always facinated with Terry O'Quinns performance as Peter Watts,

i would have loved an episode based around him, i.e. viewing the day through his eyes, having to deal with both the MM group and Frank, deciding what information to reveal and what to hide, his relationship with his family etc.

Thanks

Something like the X-Files Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man, is what first springs to mind. It would have provided a chance to view the MG through eyes other than Frank or Catherine's. I'm one of the faithful who hopes for the day CC pulls MM off the shelf and FINISHES WHAT HE STARTED! Killing off (or not!) the Peter Watts character was the definition of sloppy lazy ending. Better to leave it open as Frank & Jordan's storyline is.

A new series could really turn the show around (The schism in the group would be solved and therefore may have fundamentally changed its character: owls triumph over roosters etc.) This would leave Watt's character in crisis as well. But more importantly, Lara Means.. s3... What a waste.

Something like the X-Files Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man, is what first springs to mind. It would have provided a chance to view the MG through eyes other than Frank or Catherine's. I'm one of the faithful who hopes for the day CC pulls MM off the shelf and FINISHES WHAT HE STARTED! Killing off (or not!) the Peter Watts character was the definition of sloppy lazy ending. Better to leave it open as Frank & Jordan's storyline is.

A new series could really turn the show around (The schism in the group would be solved and therefore may have fundamentally changed its character: owls triumph over roosters etc.) This would leave Watt's character in crisis as well. But more importantly, Lara Means.. s3... What a waste.

H.B.P. - good, salient points. It has ALWAYS been my contention that the body lying at the desk in GTAT is NOT Watt's but someone elses. As we know, the show was cancelled very late in S3, and as such these issues, (Peter's possible death, Lara's descent into "insanity", etc) were purposely written into the show but left open in case somewhere down the road, a 4th season was given the green light...I have also reiterated many times on this very board that the greatest error, for me, was the exclusion of any sense of closure between Frank and Lucy..their relationship had come a long way, from their inital stumblings in Lamentations to a deeper, richer understanding of each other in Antipas. You could see their conflict and relationship maturing, yet for all intents and purposes, after Antipas (yes, i know she also appeared for 3 seconds in Saturn Dreaming of Mercury) where she directly threatens Jordan's safety, we got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for that point on...this perpetual struggle between good and evil, an armistice that was never to come. Its very omission can only be, in my opinion at least, be construed as the apex of failure, its legacy becoming nothing more than a vacuum of nothingness....

4th Horseman..

Guest ZeusFaber

Many of the points the two of you raise are indeed open ends with untapped potential. But though the show is over, there is aways the realm of Virtual Seasons...