Maybe Jordan's clown dream was just way before its time

Rate this topic

Guest SouthernCelt

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Hey, thanks man! I didn't know that you had checked out some of my site :bigsmile: Yeah, some of it is VERY memory intensive; I use a LOT of JAVA. You know, I'm just a beginner and all, really I am, but to me personally (with the exception of THIS fine site here of course :yes: ) so damn MANY sites now are all FLASH, and yes it looks VERY polished and slick; but to me it all ends up looking the SAME... VERY boring. So, with my site I concentrate on actual original animations that I create myself or on really neat JAVA scripts or applets and good ol' rollover effects. To me, it's just a LOT more satisfying. But, unfortunately you are right, older computers with less memory and slower CPUs won't be able to do all the JAVA intensive math (trust me though, it's worth it; you ARE right, it's taken literally 100's of hours to design and write all the code to get the visuals and sound JUST RIGHT! I want my site to be ENTERTAINING, above all!!! :yes:

Thanks again for the nice compliments! (You should see my 'Mutagenics' pages and my 'Synthetic Companions' page! They're password protected like my 'Disturbed Clowns' page but they DEFINITELY are entertaining!!! :bigsmile: )

Yeah, I know I need a new computer, but I just got a Dell for my Mom, and took her old one, so I can't really afford it right now. Maybe if you provided a link, as you did with the 'Disturbed Clowns', my computer would be able to handle it. It could be that I was simply too impatient and didn't give my computer enough time to think about it, but I have a very short attention span, and I get frustrated and annoyed when I have to wait. Maybe I will try it again, I just rebooted my computer, and sometimes that helps.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Yeah, I know I need a new computer, but I just got a Dell for my Mom, and took her old one, so I can't really afford it right now. Maybe if you provided a link, as you did with the 'Disturbed Clowns', my computer would be able to handle it. It could be that I was simply too impatient and didn't give my computer enough time to think about it, but I have a very short attention span, and I get frustrated and annoyed when I have to wait. Maybe I will try it again, I just rebooted my computer, and sometimes that helps.

That is completely understandable; that was nice of you to give the new computer to your Mom! :yes:

Most of my intense JAVA stuff that requires all the CPU and memory are in the nifty transitions into the main pages; they are very effects intensive. And, some of the JAVA effects within the pages involve a LOT of math too, but the effects are pretty :bigsmile:

Here's a couple of the simpler pages with the artwork and background soundZ that you can check out if you want. You're gonna get a kick outta my 'Synthetic Companions' page; these are actual gorgeous sculptures that a guy makes!

MAKE SURE YOUR SOUND IS TURNED UP!!! You DO need a fast connection though; if you have dial-up you'll be screwed. I'll skip the complex into pages, but you're gonna miss some neat stuff! :yes:

MIND'S 3Y3

IMAGES

MUTAGENICS

SYNTHETIC COMPANIONS

Allow time for the pictures and sound to load!

There are links within these pages to navigate back to my main site pages, but if you do that your 'short attention span' may get in the way! :bigsmile:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
That is completely understandable; that was nice of you to give the new computer to your Mom! :yes:

Most of my intense JAVA stuff that requires all the CPU and memory are in the nifty transitions into the main pages; they are very effects intensive. And, some of the JAVA effects within the pages involve a LOT of math too, but the effects are pretty :bigsmile:

Here's a couple of the simpler pages with the artwork and background soundZ that you can check out if you want. You're gonna get a kick outta my 'Synthetic Companions' page; these are actual gorgeous sculptures that a guy makes!

There are links within these pages to navigate back to my main site pages, but if you do that your 'short attention span' may get in the way! :bigsmile:

Wow, that is some truely amazing and fascinating work. I can't even imagine the kind of hours that went into creating all these pages. I find that I am having no problems at all with the individual links you provided, and the links within the links are only taking a few seconds to come up, probably about 30 seconds or so before all the images are loaded. There is some really astonishing art work here, and I would love to get a hold of some of the music you are using, especially the creepy new age type stuff. From the look of the pages, I am guessing this is a side project of yours and the creative and design expertise is related to what you do for a living. If not, then you have some amazing patience because I have tried to do some more simple web design stuff in the past, but it was too complicated and frustrating to continue (and too time consuming). Maybe with a little guidance I would have gone further. I think they called it HTML or something like that. I forget, the whole thing is over my head at this point. I used to do AutoCad design for a living, but this was just an extension of normal manual drawing of special machines and didn't require too much imagination. I viewed your first 3 links for quite some time, but I will have to go back when I have a lot more time. Right now I have to get drunk and watch Millennium and pass out at a decent hour so I can get up in the morning. :oneeyedwinK By the way, yes, I do have a high speed connection, thank God, or I wouldn't have even bothered. I really can't complain too much about this computer. After all, it usually gets the job done, and it is getting to be about two years old, but I am sitting on the brink of having no choice but to cough up the doe and get a new one.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

LOL, now that I reread your post, I couldn't resist going to the 'Synthetic Companions' page, and you are right, I loved it. Those chicks have some kickin' curves, although I like my women a little more plump and smooth as far as contours go. Again, great music selection here as well. Can I ask who that is doing the music? By the way, I took your advice and cranked the music with headphones on. They are a pretty good pair and provide excellent sound quality.

LOL, now that I reread your post, I couldn't resist going to the 'Synthetic Companions' page, and you are right, I loved it. Those chicks have some kickin' curves, although I like my women a little more plump and smooth as far as contours go. Again, great music selection here as well. Can I ask who that is doing the music? By the way, I took your advice and cranked the music with headphones on. They are a pretty good pair and provide excellent sound quality.

Thanks bro! I really appreciate the nice comments; and yes, I did indeed spend many, MANY hours doing all that stuff. But, it has nothing to do with my business though; I have a small window cleaning business! :bigsmile:

Yes, it's just a hobby, but I LOVE this kinda stuff; I got the soundZ from my collection of MP3s and such. In many cases I altered the sound to fit the mood of the page.

Thanks again for the compliments! :yes:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Thanks bro! I really appreciate the nice comments; and yes, I did indeed spend many, MANY hours doing all that stuff. But, it has nothing to do with my business though; I have a small window cleaning business! :bigsmile:

Yes, it's just a hobby, but I LOVE this kinda stuff; I got the soundZ from my collection of MP3s and such. In many cases I altered the sound to fit the mood of the page.

Thanks again for the compliments! :yes:

Ahh, window cleaning, that sounds like a relaxing line of work. At one time I was involved in the rat race with a 10 hour a day office job that was eating away at me. Then, being in the "motown" (Detroit area), when the economy hit the skids, the work in our industry (machine tool) started to dry up and blow away, and when you pair this with the technology that allows overseas design facilities to do the same work as we were doing at a fraction of the cost, I don't have to tell you that jobs in the field became scarce, especially with all the laid off people scurrying after the few jobs that were open. However, pity me not, as after a couple of years of drifting about, I finally agreed to work with my brother in law in his small pest control business, and it is kind of a blessing in disguise because I am more or less his partner now, and it allowed me to jump off the tread mill of 6:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M. hours with deadlines, stress, and a boss leaning over my shoulder, breathing down my neck. Anyways, you are welcome for the comments, and it is all the more impressive that you have been able to accomplish your web pages as a hobby. As I mentioned earlier, I just wouldn't have the patience and sticktuitiveness to complete something like that. Then again, I have done a few good things when pressed at work, so maybe it is just a matter of not having the discipline. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you are chasing that weekly pay check. :oneeyedwinK

Ahh, window cleaning, that sounds like a relaxing line of work. At one time I was involved in the rat race with a 10 hour a day office job that was eating away at me. Then, being in the "motown" (Detroit area), when the economy hit the skids, the work in our industry (machine tool) started to dry up and blow away, and when you pair this with the technology that allows overseas design facilities to do the same work as we were doing at a fraction of the cost, I don't have to tell you that jobs in the field became scarce, especially with all the laid off people scurrying after the few jobs that were open. However, pity me not, as after a couple of years of drifting about, I finally agreed to work with my brother in law in his small pest control business, and it is kind of a blessing in disguise because I am more or less his partner now, and it allowed me to jump off the tread mill of 6:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M. hours with deadlines, stress, and a boss leaning over my shoulder, breathing down my neck. Anyways, you are welcome for the comments, and it is all the more impressive that you have been able to accomplish your web pages as a hobby. As I mentioned earlier, I just wouldn't have the patience and sticktuitiveness to complete something like that. Then again, I have done a few good things when pressed at work, so maybe it is just a matter of not having the discipline. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you are chasing that weekly pay check. :oneeyedwinK

Yes, that's pretty tough working in the corporate enviornment; I could never, NEVER do that...; it sounds like a very nice deal with your brother-in-law. Fortunately my Dad started this business about 40 years ago, so I have kind of 'inherited' it. If you are the kind of person who can live without the extreme structure of 9 to 5 and repetitive paychecks (although there is something that can be said about that too :yes:) owning your own business is the VERY best way to go. My time has ALWAYS been much more valuable to me than money (so I can do goofy stuff like my site :wtf: amongst about 1,000 other things... )