Best Of Millennium - Mark Snow

Rate this topic

The Old Man

• Elders (Admins)

The Best Of MillenniuM (Soundtrack from the TV Show) Mark Snow / iTunes

screen_cap_itunes3.JPG

Updated: This soundtrack is currently at the time of writing available from Gomusic outside of the US and iTunes.

Hot on the heels of the best news for years for MillenniuM fans, that the Millennium: The Complete First Season is be to released onto DVD format during 2004 (Fox don't let us down!), MillenniuM fans will be overjoyed to find out that a MillenniuM Soundtrack Music CD named "The Best Of MillenniuM (Soundtrack from the TV Show) Mark Snow" has been published for download/purchase on the iTunes website.

The Best Of MillenniuM (Soundtrack from the TV Show)

Mark Snow

Release Date: December 19th 2003

(p) 2003 Fox Music

Full Track Listing:

1-Pilot Episode: Main Title (Long)

2-Pilot Episode: Bumper #1/M2

3-Pilot Episode: M10

4-Pilot Episode: M13

5-Marantha: 1M1

6-Marantha: 1M5

7-Marantha: 3M3/3M4

8-Marantha: 4M1

9-Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense:M15

10-Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense:M11

11-Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense:M22

12-Midnight of the Century: Bumper #1/1M2

13-Midnight of the Century: Bumper 1M4/3M1

14-Midnight of the Century: Bumper 4M2

15-The Time Is Now: 1M1

16-The Time Is Now: 2M2

17-The Time Is Now: 4M1

18-Omerta: 1M2

19-Omerta: 1M3/2M2/2M4

20-Omerta: 4M4

21-Goodbye to All That: 4M2a

22-Goodbye to All That: End Titles

You don't need a Mac Computer or an iPod MP3 Player device to buy or download these tracks but in order to download the full tracks you must reside in the US, currently the iTunes service is unavailable outside the USA. If you live outside the USA, you can still access the soundtrack and listen to the 30 second previews. Currently this fully legal music is only available from the iTunes website. Should it become available as a commercial release CD, links will be posted here.

However, I have taken the liberty of recording and downloading the 30 second previews and then converting them into 160kbps MP3 files, each one being 5-600KB in length. Some of the MillenniuM previews on the iTunes website are inaudible. I have fixed this issue before normalising the tracks and converting them to MP3 format.

You can listen to each one or save it to your computer to listen to at your leisure.

I would urge all MillenniuM fans to purchase either the full CD for $9.99 or the tracks which they like for just 99 cents each via the iTunes website, if they can. Mark Snow should be commended indeed for his creative talent.

1_Pilot_Episode_Main_Title_Long.mp3

2_Pilot_Episode_Bumper_1M2.mp3

3_Pilot_Episode_M10.mp3

4_Pilot_Episode_M13.mp3

5_Marantha_1M1.mp3

6_Marantha_1M5.mp3

7_Marantha_3M3_3M4.mp3

8_Marantha_4M1.mp3

9_Jose_Chung__s_Doomsday_Defense_M15.mp3

10_Jose_Chung__s_Doomsday_Defense_M11.mp3

11_Jose_Chung__s_Doomsday_Defense_M22.mp3

12_Midnight_of_the_Century_Bumper_1_1M2.mp3

13_Midnight_of_the_Century_Bumper_1M4_3M1.mp3

14_Midnight_of_the_Century_Bumper_4M2.mp3

15_The_Time_Is_Now_1M1.mp3

16_The_Time_Is_Now_2M2.mp3

17_The_Time_Is_Now_4M1.mp3

18_Omerta_1M2.mp3

19_Omerta_1M3_2M2_2M4.mp3

20_Omerta_4M4.mp3

21_Goodbye_to_All_That_4M2a.mp3

22_Goodbye_to_All_That_End_Titles.mp3

Edited by The Old Man

• 3 months later...

While this was indeed good news, I still had a lot to ***** about. Here are some of my "bitching" highlights:

"We finally get some MillenniuM and what is it? mp3s on oly one service, iTunes.

You mean all this time FOX wouldn't release the music from MillenniuM cause of legal costs and not sure if they would make their money back anbd what do they do? They put it on one service that not everyone can use. They reduced the amount of potential customers and market range.

Just because millions of songs have been bought from iTuns doesn't mean there are that many customers. People buy multiple songs.

Not everyone wants, or can have iTunes. I myself stand as a example, though not a widely held one, for I don't have a computer of my own to use.

Not everyone wants mp3 or any other format where the qaulity is reduced.

Plus, I speculate here for I don't know for sure, but isn't as such that on iTunes you can download only the cues you want? FOX put up the money for 22 tracks of score and chances are not everyone that buys will purchase all 22 if, IF, unless you have to buy the whole thing at once. It would have been far better in my little opinion to make a limited edition CD set for, say, 5,000 copies for music from each season."

"Last time I checked (and that was many months ago) the "Scully's Theme" petition had recieved over 3,000 signatures. People who loved Mark Snow's musicf and would purchase an album with Scully's Theme. Now Scully's Theme isn't the end-all-be-all here, but maybe 5,000 was a bit high for MillenniuM. Say, 3,500. They have the Snow fans.

Yet, I know a couple people who have iTunes and no, I have not and have no intention of, asking them to get me the MillenniuM tracks."

So, I can't get these cues. I got the 76min season one score promo which IS NOT mp3 and that makes me happier. Mp3 just doesn't sound the same and I think all the cues on iTunes are on the season 2 and 3 score promos. So, I will jsut hunt those down.

:-(

• 1 month later...
Guest dylan1371

Hey everyone -

I had a couple of MillenniuM Mark Snow themes on my old laptop, which I can't access right now. One of them was the extended theme, and the other one, which I liked even better, was a piece of music from an episode, and all I can remember is that it kind of started off with a phone in the background. Anyone know which one I mean, and if so, would you mind replying here or emailing it to me? I'm at: dylan1371@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Mike

• 6 months later...
  • Elders (Moderators)
Hey everyone -

I had a couple of MillenniuM Mark Snow themes on my old laptop, which I can't access right now.  One of them was the extended theme, and the other one, which I liked even better, was a piece of music from an episode, and all I can remember is that it kind of started off with a phone in the background.  Anyone know which one I mean, and if so, would you mind replying here or emailing it to me?  I'm at: dylan1371@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Mike

Replying to an old message, but I thought it might be useful:

I think the piece of music Mike refers to comes from the episode "Closure".

I'm in the process of sorting out my current computer (when it lets me) prior to setting up my new computer. I came across a lovely piece of music on my hard drive (about four and half minutes) but didn't know what episode it came from. So I searched high and low on the board to see if anyone had mentioned it. Since at that time I didn't know which episode it was from, I did a lot of searching! :rofl: In the end, I found it by searching through synopses and transcripts - in an episode I had transcribed myself and mentioned that it was about four minutes long. They say the memory is the first thing to go ...

I'm going to email Mike at the address he's given as he doesn't seem to have posted for a while.

• 6 months later...
Guest ZeusFaber

Just the thread I needed!

Looking at the track list, I'm wishing there was some stuff from "Paper Dove", particularly the end theme, but never mind.

However, I seem to be having some difficulty accessing the promos. Can't seem to stream them or save them. Any help?

• Elders (Admins)

Hi,

I'm not sure why yet, but I'm getting the following message when I click on one of the promos:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

If necessary, I'll upload them again. Sorry for this!

Guest ZeusFaber

Yeah, that's the message I got when clicking on the links. No need to apologise though, it's great that these clips are provided for all us poor fans outside the US.

• 4 months later...
Guest ZeusFaber

Still unable to hear these previews I'm afraid, getting the same error message.

Just wondering if these are still available or not? Getting hold of these awesome Mark Snow tracks in full without being in the US is proving near impossible.