Greetings from Belgium.

Guest Moriarty

Guest Moriarty

Hello there. I am a huge Millennium fan. I remember that back at the time I was a big x-files fan and a friend of mine bought the first season of MM on VHS when it came out. I never watched the show when it aired here in Belgium but when I started to watch the first season on VHS I became a bigger MM fan that an X-files fan. Due to personal problems (divorce etc...) I did not buy the second and third season on VHS. Last year my new wife and I bought the nine X-files seasons on DVD and during the course of the year we watched them all nine. However I never forgot about MM. When we were done watching the X-files my wife asked me: "What are we going to watch now?". So we bought the three MM seasons. And I have to say that I enjoyed the first season even more then back in 1997 or 1998, I am not quite sure which year it was. Anyhow, I am looking forward discussing with you guys on the boards. I have been reading here since the beginning of the year but I feel that the time for posting has come. Sorry if I typed some mistakes, my english is not that accurate.

Moriarty.

Edited by Moriarty
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Hello there. I am a huge Millennium fan. I remember that back at the time I was a big x-files fan and a friend of mine bought the first season of MM on VHS when it came out. I never watched the show when it aired here in Belgium but when I started to watch the first season on VHS I became a bigger MM fan that an X-files fan. Due to personal problems (divorce etc...) I did not buy the second and third season on VHS. Last year my new wife and I bought the nine X-files seasons on DVD and during the course of the year we watched them all nine. However I never forgot about MM. When we were done watching the X-files my wife asked me: "What are we going to watch now?". So we bought the three MM seasons. And I have to say that I enjoyed the first season even more then back in 1997 or 1998, I am not quite sure which year it was. Anyhow, I am looking forward discussing with you guys on the boards. I have been reading here since the beginning of the year but I feel that the time for posting has come. Sorry if I typed some mistakes, my english is not that accurate.

Moriarty.

Hello Moriarty,

First of all, I have gotten e-mail from quite a few Belgian people, and I must say your English is actually extremely good. Belgium holds a special place in my heart because my Grandparants came from there, and they still speak very fondly of it. From what I have heard, it is one of the most beautiful countries in the world and a wonderful place to visit. I would love to go myself, and when I can scrape together enough money I will. We still have a large number of relatives there, and if you run across any of the Van Proeyen family, say hello. It's funny because most, if not all, of the Van Proeyens over there are actually very well off. Some of them might even be referred to as wealthy, but most of us over here in the U.S. are middle to upper middle class. Maybe if I move over there and let them know I'm coming, one of the wealthy families will claim me as their own. :oneeyedwinK

It's kind of funny, because so many people, including myself, mention being X-files addicts, and then even bigger fans of Millennium when it started. By the way, you were very close, Millennium started here in late 1996. I started out as an X-files fan but, like you, I slowly started to prefer Millennium, although I have always remained an X-files fan to varying degrees. I have kind of come full circle from being an X-files fanatic, to watching it excessively and getting a little burned out on it, to finally getting to the point where I haven't watched it much in the last few years and enjoy it again from time to time. Anyways, welcome to the board. I am sure you will enjoy your time here and, as you explore further, you will probably be amazed at how much this forum and "The Millennial Abyss" have to offer.

• Elders (Moderators)

Welcome, Moriarty. I'm so glad you've made your first posting (first of many, I hope!) having registered a while ago.

When I saw the topic of your posting, my immediate reaction was about how wonderful it is that we MM fans are so international - so many MM fans from so many parts of the world. Then I read Bliss's posting and that reinforced how so many of us end up being interconnected. I find that fascinating, being someone who has lived in my home town all the years since my birth. I love the fact that through this board I have made contact with people from so far away and yet we have so much in common.

Guest betweenthelines

Welcome to the board. Hope you enjoy it. Is there anything in particular that you enjoyed about the show, or did you love it all?

Guest Moriarty

Hello again. First of all thanks for the warm welcome. I have known other boards where that was not the case. Now to answer your question Betweenthelines: I have always been attracted to apocalyptic material in any art form. My favorite musical artist for instance is Nick Cave. And I remember that back in 1996, when the movie Se7en came out I saw it 6 times in the theatre. On these boards I read somewhere that Chris Carter was influenced a lot by that movie when he created MM. So there you go.

I like all 3 seasons but I prefer season 1. People tend to say that the episodes were more stand alone ones but for me they are very much connected. It does not have the "straight forward" mythology that season2 has. I feel it is much more of a "hidden" connection between the episodes. Anyway I am currently rewatching season 2 to discover new things in it. Up until now I have only seen this season once so I guess I will have a better view on it when I rewatch all the episodes again. Take care and talk to you guys later.

• Elders (Admins)

Let me join in and welcome you abroad! Its a great place with even greater people. As Libby said, the icing on the cake is when you see geographical borders fall aside as Millennium fans get together for a chat about the show. See you around the forums!

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Hello again. First of all thanks for the warm welcome. I have known other boards where that was not the case. Now to answer your question Betweenthelines: I have always been attracted to apocalyptic material in any art form. My favorite musical artist for instance is Nick Cave. And I remember that back in 1996, when the movie Se7en came out I saw it 6 times in the theatre. On these boards I read somewhere that Chris Carter was influenced a lot by that movie when he created MM. So there you go.

I like all 3 seasons but I prefer season 1. People tend to say that the episodes were more stand alone ones but for me they are very much connected. It does not have the "straight forward" mythology that season2 has. I feel it is much more of a "hidden" connection between the episodes. Anyway I am currently rewatching season 2 to discover new things in it. Up until now I have only seen this season once so I guess I will have a better view on it when I rewatch all the episodes again. Take care and talk to you guys later.

Welcome indeed Moriarity (nice name, BTW... GREAT character! :yes: ) You'll have a great time here; it will be nice to see your posts. Interesting thought what you said about Season 1 and how the connection between the episodes was more hidden; I hadn't thought of that before, but I believe that you are quite right! Enjoy Season 2; it will be VERY interesting to see what you think of it. If you look through some of our older posts you will see MANY in depth discussions of this season; it is by far the most controversial season of the show. BTW, I've only been to Europe once; but when I did go we were primarily going to Holland. But, while there we visited a lovely village in Belgium called Brugge. Best DAMN beer I've had ANYWHERE!!! :bigsmile:

Hey MIB, I didn't know that your family came from Belgium; that's a very nice heritage!

Guest Moriarty
Welcome indeed Moriarity (nice name, BTW... GREAT character! :yes: ) You'll have a great time here; it will be nice to see your posts. Interesting thought what you said about Season 1 and how the connection between the episodes was more hidden; I hadn't thought of that before, but I believe that you are quite right! Enjoy Season 2; it will be VERY interesting to see what you think of it. If you look through some of our older posts you will see MANY in depth discussions of this season; it is by far the most controversial season of the show. BTW, I've only been to Europe once; but when I did go we were primarily going to Holland. But, while there we visited a lovely village in Belgium called Brugge. Best DAMN beer I've had ANYWHERE!!! :bigsmile:

Hey MIB, I didn't know that your family came from Belgium; that's a very nice heritage!

Hi Lathe. You are absolutely correct about the beer :bigsmile: The best beer in the world can be found in Belgium :yes:

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Hi Lathe. You are absolutely correct about the beer :bigsmile: The best beer in the world can be found in Belgium :yes:

Thanks mate for the chime in there! It's a hard argument to disagree with! :yes:

Guest Moriarty

Well guys, it is my last day at work. Then 2 weeks vacation. I have a small cabin in Holland where I am going. It's a pitty that I do not have internet there so I can't get online. I will be missing the boards the next 2 weeks. However, I have a dvd player so I will rewatch the third season. See you in about 2 weeks. :kickin: