a sad day (again)

Rate this topic

4th Horseman

Guest SouthernCelt

Always hate to hear about someone with such a zest for life cashing in so young. In his case, though, after all the disclaimers I've heard about how his antics with animals of all types are not staged, I can't say I'm really surprised. I expected an attack from one of his crocs or a snake bite when he least expected it.

Guest Frank L.
I can't say I'm really surprised. I expected an attack from one of his crocs or a snake bite when he least expected it.

This is sad, but really true. I also thought he would be killed in action one day, but not by a stingray. He just didn't see this coming.

At least Australia have offered to give him a state funeral if his familiy agrees. He would have been so proud.

Yes, he did so much for Australia, he definately deserves it.

Guest SouthernCelt

I see the news today is all abuzz about how Irwin pulled the barb out before he succumbed and how it was all filmed. There's even discussion of broadcasting the footage.

I personally don't care to see such things when I know them to be real. I accidentally channel-surfed into a documentary once that was running the piece of footage where the Saigon Chief of Police suddenly put his snub-nosed .38 to the head of a suspected Viet Cong infiltrator and executed him in plain view of everyone on the street. That was just too real and really troubled me.

I can watch FX gore all day long and usually don't find it particularly shocking or troubling (might find it laughable if it's overdone or too fake) but don't show me the real thing even if it's not particularly graphic.

Guest blondton13

The death of Steve has saddened this household greatly.

What crummy news to end the weekend with.

I got so mad at some thoughtless peoples' posts that I countered by writing my own blog directed at inappropriate humor. It's a bit too vulgar to post here, but it's on my myspace site.

He died doing what he loved.

We could all hope for the same.

Hug your loved ones a bit tighter, kiddies.

The death of Steve has saddened this household greatly.

What crummy news to end the weekend with.

I got so mad at some thoughtless peoples' posts that I countered by writing my own blog directed at inappropriate humor. It's a bit too vulgar to post here, but it's on my myspace site.

He died doing what he loved.

We could all hope for the same.

Hug your loved ones a bit tighter, kiddies.

Exactly.

This man's death is no one else's business but his. Steve lived more in his 40-something years than most others will live if they see 100.

Would any of us have the balls to live out loud in such a way? Reckless? Maybe. But how many people do stupid s*** every day on the highway and never think a thing of it...just to get to jobs they hate?

As for the footage, I just pray his wife never has to see it...or his kids.

Exactly.

This man's death is no one else's business but his. Steve lived more in his 40-something years than most others will live if they see 100.

Would any of us have the balls to live out loud in such a way? Reckless? Maybe. But how many people do stupid s*** every day on the highway and never think a thing of it...just to get to jobs they hate?

As for the footage, I just pray his wife never has to see it...or his kids.

proud to stand with you Erin...its different when you see someone like Steve whose entire heart, soul, and existence on earth was based around what he loved...if only more of us had the guts, or balls as you say, to branch out and reach "out of the box" for that ONE THING we love doing...his death is a huge blow, even though i was never truely a regular watcher, i enjoyed the freshness and "innocence of a child" he brought to what he did...

p.s. - HEY TONYA (Blondton13)...how bitchin it is to see you here again...welcome back with a thousand hugs...YOU HAVE REALLY BEEN MISSED...

4th Horseman....

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
proud to stand with you Erin...its different when you see someone like Steve whose entire heart, soul, and existence on earth was based around what he loved...if only more of us had the guts, or balls as you say, to branch out and reach "out of the box" for that ONE THING we love doing...his death is a huge blow, even though i was never truely a regular watcher, i enjoyed the freshness and "innocence of a child" he brought to what he did...

p.s. - HEY TONYA (Blondton13)...how bitchin it is to see you here again...welcome back with a thousand hugs...YOU HAVE REALLY BEEN MISSED...

4th Horseman....

Yes..., and you know what the REAL b*tch is about this... my Dad was telling me today that he read (I haven't confirmed this myself) that only like 18 people TOTAL are known to have died directly from a Sting Ray barb... Can you friggin' believe that!!!???