What luck!

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

I happened upon an X-files episode tonight. I had no memory of the episode whatsoever, and no clues that it was, but from the music and mood, I somehow knew it was the X-files, and the opening scene was probably filed away somewhere in my memory banks. However, it wasn't long before I realized that it was the Millennium episode with Frank Black. The very one I have been waiting and watching for. So far it seems better than I remember, and I somehow forgot that it was the episode with the "Necromancer". If anyone reads this post in the next 40 minutes, it will still be on TNT. It started at 12:00 A.M. Eastern time. Good thing, I have been flipping around desperately looking for anything to watch, and now I have hit the mother load!!

its 11:25 CT and i am watching it also. This is MilleniuM episode is just like Goodbye to All That in which there is no offical closure, in which what Chris Carter had always planned. If i remember right Lance didnt like this episode at all, once again dealing with fairy tales......Zombies. Personally i liked this epi, but i wished Lance had more air time

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
its 11:25 CT and i am watching it also. This is MilleniuM episode is just like Goodbye to All That in which there is no offical closure, in which what Chris Carter had always planned. If i remember right Lance didnt like this episode at all, once again dealing with fairy tales......Zombies. Personally i liked this epi, but i wished Lance had more air time

Hmm, that would be interesting if Lance didn't like the episode. Sense Millennium was canceled, and Lance was under no contractual obligation to participate, you would have thought he would just say "No Thanks". Who knows, maybe he needed a few dollars in his pocket. I think he was still an out of work actor at the time. I am really enjoying this episode, especially sense I have little memory of it. I see that it was from season 7, and even though this season offered some pretty good episodes, the show was on the decline at this point and I don't think I was watching the reruns as much. Also, I wasn't an FX junkie at the time, so I didn't watch this episode 5 or 6 times (or more) like many of the early episodes when I couldn't get enough of the show.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Hey, there were a few more memorable notes to this episode, other than Frank Black being in it. First, we get a brief appearance by Brittany Tiplady, in what was probably the first work she had gotten sense MM at the time. Second, it contained the famous New Years Eve kiss between Scully and Mulder. I really enjoyed it this time around, but yes, I wish there was a little more of Lance... Hey, back to back episodes. I remember this next one well, but I don't know all the titles like I do MM. It's the one where the kids go into the cave and get the power to speed up time. Another classic. :yes:

Guest Frank L.

Maybe he agreed to participate before he heard what the story was. If you watch it as an X-Files episode, it's pretty good. But as a MillenniuM episode, that was supposed to bring closure, it's a disappointment (I'm speaking for myself here).

Guest Moriarty
Maybe he agreed to participate before he heard what the story was. If you watch it as an X-Files episode, it's pretty good. But as a MillenniuM episode, that was supposed to bring closure, it's a disappointment (I'm speaking for myself here).

Exactly my thoughts. They should have never made that episode. I was no closure to MM. Not even a tribute. Such a shame...

Guest betweenthelines

I liked this one. Yes, it didn't answer any major questions about the series, but it was a perfectly fine X-Files case. This episode definitely wasn't the worst one of Season 7 (or the show in general!).

Oh, and the episode where the kids speed up time is called 'Rush'. That was another one I really enjoyed from Season 7.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Exactly my thoughts. They should have never made that episode. I was no closure to MM. Not even a tribute. Such a shame...

My Dear Moriarity, do remember that this episode was never intended in any way to 'close' or further 'explain' MillenniuM. It simply was an X-Files episode that HAPPENED to incorporate Franks character within the concurrent time line of where he was at the time and brought in the 'Zombie', etc. story elements which you either like or don't and introduced a bit of drama where Frank and his daughter (not to mention his state of mind) was concerned. AND, also too they were simply tying in the bringin in of the new 'millennium' too as it was happening. So, honestly, I don't think that any of the creators, writers, Lance, or ANYBODY intended any kind of 'closure' [GOD, I HATE that word..., sorry...] for MillenniuM in any way.

It's just like any other X-F episode, you either will like it or not; the fact that Frank and his daughter are incorporated into it are just a bonus to be (in my lowly opinion) cherished and enjoyed (whether the story itself turns you on much or not...)

It's like, 'Hey, we get to see Frank and Jordan again!!! NEATO!!!' Unless of course the Zombie thing REALLY ruins it for you :wink: