an equal assessment

Rate this topic

4th Horseman

For those of you who are considering that posts concerning the Islamic reaction to the Pope are one-sided (please show me where), I post this as proof that there are radical elements in ANY religion, and consider this to be of equal concern for christians around the world...never let the truth get in the way of facts...

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2455343...TC-RSSFeeds0312

4th Horseman...

O.K. So, is this movie they are talking about fictional? Or is it a documentary of a REAL Camp?

We will not get into arguments here about who is right and who is wrong, but for those of us who are interested in a subject and want to educate ourselves, let's get together and share information when we have it.

What I live by is the rule of "live and let live". There are people I do not agree with, and people who do not agree with me.... but really.... who cares? Go on and do what you feel you need to. Everyone has that right.

O.K. So, is this movie they are talking about fictional? Or is it a documentary of a REAL Camp?

We will not get into arguments here about who is right and who is wrong, but for those of us who are interested in a subject and want to educate ourselves, let's get together and share information when we have it.

What I live by is the rule of "live and let live". There are people I do not agree with, and people who do not agree with me.... but really.... who cares? Go on and do what you feel you need to. Everyone has that right.

Erin...you have a good point. i am afraid you misinterpreted my post. It was put here solely to show that, as i said, every religion has a fringe, radical element, and Christianity is no different. Unfortunately, since it is so entrenched in the "mainstream" of Americana, its more iconoclastic divisions (Fallwell, Baker, Swaggart) seem to draw the greatest attention. Fringe elements often do the most damage to any cause.

Your attitude of live and let live is and should be a motto for everyone. Unfortunately, now with death threats and the portent of imminent retaliation against all those who "worship the cross" based solely on one single 14th Century quote, the world again is due to change ever so slightly, and not for the good. I plan to "live and let live", but i cant speak for those who look upon us (Americans) as the evil one, whether it be based on religious doctorine, our alignment with Israel, or our military involvement (whether i support it or not) in arenas around the world...

4th Horseman...

Thanks for that.

I meant nothing against you, my friend. I was making that statement to PROTECT YOU, before anyone came in and started flaming on the boards, and harassing you, because they thought you were attacking their religion, when that wasn't what you were doing at all. Often people will "shoot first, ask questions later", and I wanted to try to avoid that, if I could.

Again, is this camp a work of fiction? Or is this kind of thing actually going on in North Carolina? (at least, I think that's where it stated it was in the link)

Guest SouthernCelt
Thanks for that.

Again, is this camp a work of fiction? Or is this kind of thing actually going on in North Carolina? (at least, I think that's where it stated it was in the link)

The article says its a documentary about a Bible camp in North Dakota. Therefore, I'd say it's fact not fiction.