Millenium LD from JAPAN

Rate this topic

Guest Queensryche

Hi everyone! You said it almost right LauraKrycek, it's OHAYO GOZAIMASU. That's good morning. :)

Yes voidprime, Queensryche is my favorite! My favorite album is Promised Land. It's so dark but at the same time very beautiful. Did you hear their latest one, TRIBE? It's ok, Open is the best song I think. But other songs are lack of personalities.

Laura is right Pretender909, the auction will go off on December 11th. Specificly Season 2nd will finish at 8:56 PM and Season 3rd will finish at 8:01 PM. The price is still 10,000 yen(about $100), and nobody has bidded yet. Think about the time difference though, Japan is about 10 hours earlier than most US states.

Man you people have some great treasures! Autographed photos, autographed LDs...I only have the dubs of rental Millenium!  :angry_steaming_big: Well, better than nothing...

Se7en, yes it's not that difficult to find Millenium LDs in Japan, especially in big cities. New will be more difficult since LDs haven't been produced for a while(I think) but Used is pretty easy to find. And if you want VHS, then it's way easier than LDs. If you don't have money, like me, you can rent them at popular rental stores(like TSUTAYA or GEO, most of them have the entire episodes) for 100 yen($1) per video per week, and can make dubs. $1500!! That's so much!! I can do a little business then, because Japanese Yahoo Auction has them for $100. 15 times more if I sell it in US ebay? Wow.

The TV used to show Millenium a long time ago, and they showed it in Japanese. Like, the voice was dubbed. So when I rent the original ones at rental stores, the voice sounded weird! That's the natural voice but I was used to the Japanese voice.

Some of you might be annoyed by the Japanese subtitles when you get the Japanese VHSs or LDs, but hey, we don't know what they're saying without them!! Better than dubbed Japanese for you, right??

:bigsmile:

Ok, SAYONARA!

Queensryche in JAPAN

....when we put all the LD eps to dvd and started the dvd-project almost 3-years back almost all of our customers-(and some still now)-were very unhappy about even the thought of subtitles,as i was myself. but as of yet,we've not had one person,in nearly 300 orders wordlwide tell us that in the end it detracted from thier enjoyment. Gra-(the owner of TIWWA/MDUK,I'm his partner,so to speak :p )-did a very nice and exhautive 13-page overview of our project w/stills,video clips,audio clips,our professionaly designed dvd-case inserts,the whole deal. i was actually able to obtain both better sound and picture quality over the laserdiscs through the MPEG-2 encoding process,and a little "tweeking". if you are ever interested in reading his article-(i think almost 1,000 have read it so far)-just go to MDUK's index and go to MDUK-REVIEWS.)

...it's good to know that parts of japan still hasn't lost it's love for MM. thank you for your insights! :plain_big:

....hope you make TIWWA a regular stop on you surfing!

PEACE,

se7en :ouro:  :santa2:

Guest LauraKrycek
Hi everyone! You said it almost right LauraKrycek, it's OHAYO GOZAIMASU. That's good morning. :)

:snip:

Man you people have some great treasures! Autographed photos, autographed LDs...I only have the dubs of rental Millenium!  :angry_steaming_big: Well, better than nothing...

:snip:

Some of you might be annoyed by the Japanese subtitles when you get the Japanese VHSs or LDs, but hey, we don't know what they're saying without them!! Better than dubbed Japanese for you, right??

:bigsmile:

Yay, I don't *totally* suck!   :tongue:

I don't own any of that stuff!  Just about all I have are two ex-rental copies of the Pilot\Gehenna tape (because the merchandising for the US freaking sucked), the two novelations of said episodes, and a TV Guide of Lance as Frank.  I got that at the only SciFi convention I've ever been to, for $5.

Yeah, I wasn't distracted by the subtitles on the few episodes that I have.  Not to mention that it's great enough just to finally have MM that I doubt a lot of people will let a few lousy subtitles stand in their way!  And yeah, I wouldn't want dubbed Japanese voices.  I hate dubbed things... like when the dub older Jackie Chan movies for TV.  None of the voices even go with the people.