Sci-Fi Had a Night Stalker Marathon

Rate this topic

I rented it from Blockbuster online but couldn't see all the episodes cause the second disk was bad.

Luckily it's available on iTunes now.

I should just buy it. I forgot how much I loved Darrin McGavin in it.

• 2 months later...
Guest Laurent.
I forgot how much I loved Darrin McGavin in it.

Now which show are we talking about? The original night stalker or the 2005 one?

if it's the original, I'm really surprised that anyone is bothering to make a marathon on a "unsuccesful yet cult" show from thirty years ago.

If it's the 2005, I'm really happy to see that some tv executives still see the enormous potential that the show had.

The Original series is a cult fav. on Sci-Fi. It was this series that inspired Chris Carter to develop The X-Files. The Night Stalker movies in the 70's did have high ratings, because of this it became a series. If i remember right after a few airings of the show it soon fell off the Neilsen top 25.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Now which show are we talking about? The original night stalker or the 2005 one?

if it's the original, I'm really surprised that anyone is bothering to make a marathon on a "unsuccesful yet cult" show from thirty years ago.

If it's the 2005, I'm really happy to see that some tv executives still see the enormous potential that the show had.

I guess I have the opposite view. I saw a couple of episodes of the original and found it to be very entertaining, especially with Darrin McGavin's acting. If it is the original I will try to catch some of it. The new one, however, didn't really catch on with me, and I would probably pass on a marathon.

They probably were talking about the 2005. I had just got the original in the mail so I barged in without reading closely.

I didn't get to see the whole 2005 series. I don't care how many VCR-DVRs you have, you can't watch everything. I was excited to see they were doing a remake.

McGavin is timeless though. Some of the old shows were awful but he made it worthwhile.

Guest Laurent.

Well to be honest I never watched the original show, but I've seen the two tv-movies. And I think to chose a favorite is only a question of taste. The two shows are really different in tone, subject and approach. That's what a remake should be, not only the same thing but a different view of an older creation. Personally, I preferred the 2005 one mainly because of the atmosphere of the show, seemed so much more dark, real and challenging.

Just something I'd like to ask: Is the Sci-Fi channel worth it? There's not a lot of people who have this one out here in Quebec, so I've been wondering what kind of show do they air? We have a francophone-equivalent for this here called Z, at the beginning it was X-Files, Millennium, Twilight Zone... but now it's just game show and bad esoteric documentary, the only science-fiction left is medium, star trek and others (all below average if you ask me). And it seems easier to ask here than to search the web hehe. So what's your opinion on Sci-Fi?