Most touching X-files moments

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Nice thread this is. We have the 9 seasons on DVD and I have to say that there are a lot of touching moments in the X-files. Sure, One breath is one of the best epsiodes. But if I have to pick my most touching moment it is in the beginning of the 5th season: Redux 1 and 2. Scully cures from her cancer, Mulder kisses her in the hospital and she regains her faith in the church again. All those scenes make it for me the most memorable episode(s) ever :yes: And yes, I am also hoping that Carter comes up with something new. Something fresh. Currently my wife and I are watching season 1 from Prison Break. Not bad but when I compare it to MM or X-files I feel that the quality is not that high. I had the same feeling with 24 and Lost. Strange but I cannot help myself: every time we watch a season of a TV-show I compare it with MM. And MM is still nr. 1, slightly followed by the X-files. Anyway, I am getting off-topic here so I'll rest my case. Some feedback is welcome however :rofl:

Yes, I know what you mean about holding shows to the standards of Millennium and X-files, and how they always seem to fall far short. Even when I find something that is truly great, like Six Feet Under, for example, it doesn't come close to MM and XF. In fact, although I loved Six Feet Under, and watched every episode of every season, I just don't feel compelled to watch it again, other than a few episodes here and there on Bravo to pass the time. I went as far as to trade in my DVD sets of S4 and S5 of 6 Feet so I could get some new stuff. I wondered if I would regret it, but so far I have not, and I don't really expect to. In my mind, there have been a hand full of series in the same general area code as X-files, such as NYPD Blue, Twin Peaks, and a few others that I have had flings with, but if MM and XF represent a perfect 10, then the next shows in line are probably 8's or lower. Maybe it will take Chris Carter to come up with another 10, but like I have said before, there is always plenty of quality programing on the tube to supplement my MM DVDs and occasional X-files episodes. Oh, and by the way, I agree with you on 24. I have only watched it a couple times, and it falls short of the Chris Carter creations. Call me nuts, but I am one of those few people who just can't get into 24. Oddly enough, I think this might be partially because of XF and MM. It just feels like the cloak and dagger, CIA, FBI thing has already been done. Just my opinion. PS, I agree Redux was indeed great, and a great time for the show. X-files was still on top of it's game throughout S5 and, in my opinion, even into S6. Somewhere between S7 and S9 is when it started to flounder a bit.