Most touching X-files moments

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

I'm not quite sure if we have done this before, but I thought it would be fun to find out what everyone's most touching X-files moments are. I know we have done this for MM, but from the topics I see, it doesn't appear that it has ever been covered on X-files. I know I have raved countless times about the episode "One Breath" here, and have made mention of getting a hold of it on DVD. In the past couple of weeks sense buying them, I think I have watched "One Breath" about 3 times. I just can't get enough of it. In addition to having some of the most memorable and dramatic scenes of the season, and the series for that matter, it also has some of the most touching. First, we have the scene where Mulder is told by the Lone Gunmen that Scully wouldn't recover from her condition after being abducted. Next, we have the scene where Mulder and Scully's mom and sister discuss ending her life support. Then, we have the scene where Mulder gets home and finds his home ransacked, and finally breaks down and cries, only to get word later that Scully has awakened. Then, there is my personal favorite, the scene where Scully's father visits her from beyond. For some reason, that scene gets me every time, and gets my vote for the most touching. Something about the music, the lighting, and the dialogue (and delivery of it) is just perfect, and the fact that it comes from Scully's father, a character, as well as an actor that rarely shows any feeling or emotion. There are so many more touching scenes, and it would be interesting to hear others favorites. Again, my apologies if this has been done before.

"One Breath" is certainly one of the best!

Another is the seen near the end of Dod Kalm (if I'm spelling that right), where an "aged" Scully is writing in her journal her thoughts as she thinks she and Mulder are dying. "Agent Mulder slipped into uncosciouness at...." telling of finding a children's book or norse legends, and about one telling a story of the end of the world "Not by fire and brimstone as the blanket teaches, but in a slow, covering blanket of snow. First the moon and the stars will go out..... " etc "and finally, a wolf named Skall (can't spell that correctly) will swallow the sun, sending the world into an everlasting night. I think I hear the Wolf at the door....." and she drops her pen as she passes out.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
"One Breath" is certainly one of the best!

Another is the seen near the end of Dod Kalm (if I'm spelling that right), where an "aged" Scully is writing in her journal her thoughts as she thinks she and Mulder are dying. "Agent Mulder slipped into uncosciouness at...." telling of finding a children's book or norse legends, and about one telling a story of the end of the world "Not by fire and brimstone as the blanket teaches, but in a slow, covering blanket of snow. First the moon and the stars will go out..... " etc "and finally, a wolf named Skall (can't spell that correctly) will swallow the sun, sending the world into an everlasting night. I think I hear the Wolf at the door....." and she drops her pen as she passes out.

Ah yes, excellent selection. That's an episode I haven't seen in many years, but definitely one of the more memorable and touching moments on the show. I better be careful with all this reminiscing, or in a delirious moment of weakness in the middle of the night I'm going to jump on my computer and buy all the season box sets. Speaking of X-files, I just caught one of my favorite "humorous" or light episodes last night. I don't know the titles the way I know the Millennium titles, but it's the one where Mulder finds the genie and gets to make three wishes. That one had so many great scenes, but the one that had me rolling on the floor was the one where Scully is so excited to bring in her colleagues to see the invisible body she has discovered, only to find that it's missing when she gets back. The way she is feeling around for this invisible body must have made her look like a total lunatic to the other FBI people. Then she utters the line about shooting herself in the next scene. Funny stuff. :rofl:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
i cant remember did i do a X-file Epsiodes that made you cry?

Not sure if you did or not. I'm pretty sure you did a Millennium that made you cry, but I don't see a thread like that here in the X-files thread. Of course, it could be in another section. If you find it, please drop a link in this thread as it will kind of make mine obsolete, and would make for interesting reading.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I have to admit that the MilleniuM Episodes that made you cry was a great thread.

I dont want to make this thread obsolete, if i can find my old link i will update it for people to look at it

Don't worry, I wont take offense if you make my thread obsolete. If you find yours, feel free to plop a link in this thread. Now that I think about it, I seem to recall someone mentioning the scene with Scully singing "Jeramia was a Bullfrog" to Mulder. I'm not sure if it was episodes that made you cry, touching moments or simply funny moments, but I am going to have to look and see if there are other areas here with X-files posts. It's funny, I feel like I am cheating on Millennium and the X-files is the "other woman", but not to worry, Millennium is still my all time favorite and just struck a perfect chord with me. This recent fling with the X-files is really taking me back though, and I am heading down to the entertainment room with a feeling of anticipation that I haven't had sense the show was still running. X-files is definitely number two on my list of all time favs, and everything else is a step down after the big two. I really wish Chris Carter would come up with some kind of new project.

Don't worry, I wont take offense if you make my thread obsolete. If you find yours, feel free to plop a link in this thread. Now that I think about it, I seem to recall someone mentioning the scene with Scully singing "Jeramia was a Bullfrog" to Mulder. I'm not sure if it was episodes that made you cry, touching moments or simply funny moments, but I am going to have to look and see if there are other areas here with X-files posts. It's funny, I feel like I am cheating on Millennium and the X-files is the "other woman", but not to worry, Millennium is still my all time favorite and just struck a perfect chord with me. This recent fling with the X-files is really taking me back though, and I am heading down to the entertainment room with a feeling of anticipation that I haven't had sense the show was still running. X-files is definitely number two on my list of all time favs, and everything else is a step down after the big two. I really wish Chris Carter would come up with some kind of new project.

i did an exhaustive search and couldnt find my old thread, not sure what happen to it. I guess your safe for now Bliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
i did an exhaustive search and couldnt find my old thread, not sure what happen to it. I guess your safe for now Bliss

I had the Lone Gunmen hack into the system and remove the thread so i could steal your thunder. :devil::oneeyedwinK I just got done watching Anasazi and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did skip Colony and the next episode on the last disc. I rarely disliked an episode of Millennium, but there were a pretty fair amount of X-files that i didn't really enjoy, and the cloning episodes were among them. I also was not crazy about the "Black Oil" episodes or "Super Soldiers". I think I am more of a fan of the stand alone and little green men episodes. It was funny seeing Bob Wilde (Mabius from MM) in the episode of X-files tonight, and i also recognized him in at least one other episode. Also, the Dr. in "One Breath" was Jay Brazeau, AKA Selwyn Wassenaar in Antipas. he did a good job in "One Breath" on X-files, but he was much better on Millennium as Wassenaar, one of my favorite characters of season 3.

Guest Moriarty

Nice thread this is. We have the 9 seasons on DVD and I have to say that there are a lot of touching moments in the X-files. Sure, One breath is one of the best epsiodes. But if I have to pick my most touching moment it is in the beginning of the 5th season: Redux 1 and 2. Scully cures from her cancer, Mulder kisses her in the hospital and she regains her faith in the church again. All those scenes make it for me the most memorable episode(s) ever :yes: And yes, I am also hoping that Carter comes up with something new. Something fresh. Currently my wife and I are watching season 1 from Prison Break. Not bad but when I compare it to MM or X-files I feel that the quality is not that high. I had the same feeling with 24 and Lost. Strange but I cannot help myself: every time we watch a season of a TV-show I compare it with MM. And MM is still nr. 1, slightly followed by the X-files. Anyway, I am getting off-topic here so I'll rest my case. Some feedback is welcome however :rofl: