Lance Coming to FX 2007

Rate this topic

Got this sent to me via email, i wish i could go.

Geek Conventions Begin with FX 2007 in Florida This Weekend!

Written by Robert Sanchez

Sunday, 21 January 2007

Attention all geeks! Meet your favorite stars from Star Wars, Firefly, Aliens, NBC’s Heroes, Superman Returns, Sci Fi’s Eureka, the cast of the upcoming Weinstein film Fanboys and many more!

The "Convention Circuit" has begun and you can get your “Geek On” this upcoming weekend in Orlando with FX 2007!

This is your chance to meet Hayden Panettiere (Heroes), Zachary Quinto (Heroes), Ray Park (Star Wars, X-Men), Lance Henriksen (Aliens, Pumpkinhead), Adam Baldwin (Firefly, ID4), Ron Glass (Firefly), Kenny Baker (Star Wars), the entire cast of Fanboys including Kristen Bell, Chris Marquette, Jay Baruchel, Dan Fogler, Sam Huntington, William Katt, the very hot and lovely Jaime King and many more!

The guests keep on coming so you can click here for the complete updated list.

So while the schedule is not yet posted on the official site, we have been told that Fanboys will show at least 10 minutes of the film (fingers crossed) but in case you don’t know what all the hype is all about click here for the trailer.

The Weinstein Company will use FX 2007 as the launching point for marketing for Fanboys but I sure hope they don’t think that this is the only “Con” they are planning to attend before the release of the film. In case someone over TWC is reading this post, here is a list of con/shows that you have to make sure to have a presence at:

1) New York Comic Con - February 23-25

2) San Francisco Wonder Con – March 2-4

3) Star Wars Celebration IV Los Angeles – May 24-28

4) San Diego Comic Con – July 26-29

Since the movie is completed you should also make sure to screen the film during Celebration IV in May for all the Star Wars fans, you will never find a more wretched hive of…I mean you will never have a more loyal group of moviegoers. Consider this advice free of charge, anything extra I will bill Kyle Newman directly.

So if you live in Florida or any of the surrounding states make sure you get your butts down to FX 2007 this upcoming weekend.

Guest YaponchikButler

I was blown away by how wonderful Lance was. Admittedly, Lance is my favorite actor around and as a huge fan of MILLENNIUM, I was a tad intimidated to meet this legend. But, I told him when we shook hands that I was a bit nervous because I hold him in such high esteem. He hugged me and took some photos with me (my friend was there holding my digital camera) and made me feel at ease. I was so blown away by what a down-to-Earth guy Lance is. No pretension, no BS- just a wonderful human being.

He asked me about where I was from and we then started talking about the movie. And Lance pretty much told me he's trying to get CC to write the script although Chris is too busy "surfing". It elicited a nice laugh from me- and I told Lance the film must be made so I can see him and Sarah-Jane Redmond together again. He then told me of how much he enjoyed working with her. I started asking Lance some questions about the choices in his performance in "Antipas" and also about his preparation for certain choices in his acting.

Lance, is such a gentleman and answered all of my questions and was absolutely a thrill to meet. After getting my autograph from him, he then hugged me again.

Here are some pics from the show- I look horrible here but I'm just in heaven to meet someone who means so much to me.

Lanceandmeredux.jpg

Lanceandmeredux1.jpg

Guest YaponchikButler
hey Yaponchik are the pictures taken at the Florida FX convention?

Yep. I went on Saturday and got Lance around 11:30am.

• Elders (Moderators)
I was blown away by how wonderful Lance was. Admittedly, Lance is my favorite actor around and as a huge fan of MILLENNIUM, I was a tad intimidated to meet this legend. But, I told him when we shook hands that I was a bit nervous because I hold him in such high esteem. He hugged me and took some photos with me (my friend was there holding my digital camera) and made me feel at ease. I was so blown away by what a down-to-Earth guy Lance is. No pretension, no BS- just a wonderful human being.

He asked me about where I was from and we then started talking about the movie. And Lance pretty much told me he's trying to get CC to write the script although Chris is too busy "surfing". It elicited a nice laugh from me- and I told Lance the film must be made so I can see him and Sarah-Jane Redmond together again. He then told me of how much he enjoyed working with her. I started asking Lance some questions about the choices in his performance in "Antipas" and also about his preparation for certain choices in his acting.

Lance, is such a gentleman and answered all of my questions and was absolutely a thrill to meet. After getting my autograph from him, he then hugged me again.

Here are some pics from the show- I look horrible here but I'm just in heaven to meet someone who means so much to me.

Wow, that's wonderful! I envy you, YB. And you don't look horrible at all, you just look totally thrilled – who wouldn't? :wink:

Guest YaponchikButler

Thanks. I was truly thrilled to meet Lance- and the man is perhaps the most down to Earth actor I've ever met. He loves his art and he also truly loves his fans- and it was an honor to finally meet him. I'm still giddy thinking about it. :rock2:

Guest YaponchikButler
Yaponchik-

Did you meet any other actors?

I got to meet Adam Baldwin and Christina Hendricks of FIREFLY. They were both incredibly nice and Adam was also incredibly tall. :)