The Quick and The Dead

Rate this topic

I was watching this movie for the first time last night that had Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman in the lead roles. Lance had a nice little spot in the movie. Has anyone seen this movie? Lance did some tricks and stunts on a horse, i wonder if that was him or a stunt double?

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I was watching this movie for the first time last night that had Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman in the lead roles. Lance had a nice little spot in the movie. Has anyone seen this movie? Lance did some tricks and stunts on a horse, i wonder if that was him or a stunt double?

Yes, great movie, I was watching it today. I didn't see the part with Lance, but I remember his role. I would have to see it again to get an idea of whether it was him or a stunt man on the horse, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were Lance.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Hey Bliss how do you like my new screen name?

I like it, as do I like the old spaghetti westerns with Clint. I think I saw a bit of High Plains Drifter on late night TV recently. I just woke up for a brief period and then fell back asleep. I saw the part where he was on the outskirts of town and you could look down and see the whole town painted red. That one was one of my favorites and was brilliantly directed.

Guest SouthernCelt

Hey, Joe, cool screen name; has a bit more 'oomph' than JoeM.

As to the movie, that was a rather weird western, not a bad one though but it's been a long time since I've seen it. My fave Eastwood western though is Outlaw Josey Wales followed closely by Good, Bad, Ugly (the music in GBU really made it).

Guest gethsemane

To answer your Q& D question, Lance did his own stunts. He's very agile on a horse. The scene where he flips over backwards was his idea. Just another of his talents. I believe it was his training with a professional stunt man that got him interested in acting. Does anyone know if he ever used a stunt double?

Do you or anyone else know why the town was painted red?

The name of the town was called Lago but Clints character crossed out the name of the town on the sign and re-named it Hell. There was a reason for this. Do you or anyone know. I do, and thats why i changed my screenname. If anyone can give an answer you wll get a prize

Guest SouthernCelt

What's the prize???? If it's a hug like you offered Raven Wolf awhile back, I'll pass but I'll venture a guess.

I always thought it was because Clint's character was already dead and his "hell" was to have to fight other baddies. Like I said above, it's been a long time since I've seen it so I may be way off base.