I Am New But, I Have Some Important Info

Rate this topic

Guest Regan MacNeil

I think that a little bit of gore and some adult language could actually improve Millennium and it's following if it were ever picked up by a pay cable channel. I agree with previous posts that say Millennium was a great show the way it was and it was well written enough that it never had to resort to shock value, but it WAS a horror show about pure evil and I think that having more relaxed censorship could give the show a bit more edge. I've been a fan of Ten-Thirteen for almost ten years now and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't stoop to using gratuitous violence and language just to get ratings. The way I understand it, Millennium was originally concieved as a show about the evil that human beings are capable of and there are things that humans do that you can't show or even talk about on network television. I agree that Millennium doesn't NEED to use graphic violence, but I think that the people of Ten-Thirteen are smart enough and talented enough that they could use it to their advantage so that it ADDs to the story without being over the top.

Guest kath

have you ever watched hitch****? what about the black and white version of night of the living dead?

There are some stories that are meant to be told with the lights on. some that have nothing to do with splashing the camera with blood.

There is a film that is being made that slaughters a donkey, and they argued that - well, the donkey was going to be killed anyway, and they extended its life while it was on the set- they said they tried using a puppet donkey but it just didn't work the same as killing the real thing.

I remember seeing photos of the stills from the remake of the pit and the pendulem. I remember seeing Blade runner in the theater and being shocked when the bullet ripped through the head of the person and the brains splatter everywhere.

The local news ran a story on someone who had called a press confrence, and the guy pulls out a gun and blew off his head, and they kept showing it.

There has got to be a moment in the world where someone has the sense to say, enough is enough. (isn't that a line from the lyons den?) Millennium should not have to resort to gore and language, and blowing people away. We have far too many kids being influanced by tv violence and we have lost the art of story telling- of our own language if we have to use words that our parents would (or should) wash our mouths out with soap.

Ok, back on subject- isn't there something in the contracts that prevents others from picking up series or shows for a certain amount of time? how would this affect the return of MM?

Kath

Guest Justa Fan
.......I don't think that would automaticly be true. I know Lance always wished that they were free to use "language" on MM. I actually do think it could very well have made some powerful scenes even more so had common "language" been used/allowed.    ...it's used on "The Shield","Nip/Tuck" ,"""Six feet under",etc. and it certainly does not seem.or sound,gratuitous to me. (??)

~se7en  :ouro:

Hmmm...mature language would be nice....NO...WAIT...

Nudity....I want Nudity...I want Lucy In The Buff....I want

Peter Watts in the Buff.....sorry....lost it.........never mind.

:hug03:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sirkeats

It is good to see that some people still are interested in the series. I haven't followed up on it since the last and most disappointing episode on the X-Files. I happened to see that Millennium was about to released on DVD and was very excited. I started looking for information and found this site and the Millennium Abyss. I couldn't stop myself from reading the Virtual series. Now I remember how addicted I was to the series.

I hope that Millennium gets picked up by HBO. I will be picking up there porgramming if they do. I don't believe it is so unrealistic. Sci-Fi, Showtime, and other cable networks have been successful with their series. Even with some poor writing.

Just quick ***** here. Why is it everytime you have thoughful if not more accurately described cerebral programming the bulk of Americans can't stand it?

Answer: Americans are morons in nature. I offer american idol and all the "reality" TV as proff.

Guest se7en

....LOL! ahhh....errr.....um....you do know this is an international board right? ...and as a co-founder of TIWWA,who lives in America/USA I may consider myself at times not the brightest bulb in the socket but on the other hand I would like to think I'm not a moron either. Though I'm sure some would disagree!

YIKES!

se7en :ouro:

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

Thank you very much SirKeats; in your very first post you have demonstrated quite conclusively, that I don't have to bother reading any more of your posts again. Airing such bigoted views in public and you call the Americans morons? What did you imagine all the Americans on this board would say? 'Oh yes, so we are... thanks for pointing it out'. Of course not!

Begone, take your narrow mind and slot yourself under the door marked 'Unimportant, never open'.

Guest Echelon

Now lets be fair....Remember my really retarded post about the smoking thing?(which just wont die). I really regret having posted it at all. Caused to many problems. Every body has differnt opinions....Even though I must admit it wasn't a very wise post for first time...I waited to post somthing retarded untill after my 20th post. :grin2: By the way I'm american too...