I Am New But, I Have Some Important Info

Rate this topic

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

:grin2: true enough, Ignes.

But, then Frank just whips out his magnum, and shoots Lucy dead (in graphic detail, 'cos HBO wouldn't care). And Frank says: "hail to the f***in' king, baby." :smokin:

On second thoughts, maybe this HBO idea isnt that good after all!

Guest chrisnu

I think that the series would have been more gory and have language just for the sake of being gory and having language. In the MLM on Fox, the gore had a point. Mostly.

Guest Pencil Machine Operator

Anyone else noticed that FOX will show a man getting his tongue being cut out, but will not let people say 'f***', or show a bare breast?

I think that the series would have been more gory and have language just for the sake of being gory and having language.

perhaps. But I do still think it would be great if MLM was free from the standards and practices dudes. And I'd trust the writers not to take it as carte blanche and go all Tarantino on us.

Guest se7en

.......I don't think that would automaticly be true. I know Lance always wished that they were free to use "language" on MM. I actually do think it could very well have made some powerful scenes even more so had common "language" been used/allowed. ...it's used on "The Shield","Nip/Tuck" ,"""Six feet under",etc. and it certainly does not seem.or sound,gratuitous to me. (??)

~se7en :ouro:

:rofl: but...

lucy to frank: "oh, stop complimenting me frank, you are so cute."

now i guess not even hbo can stand that!

:WhipMeLucy:

Pencil Machine Operator Posted on Apr 30 2004, 07:58 AM

true enough, Ignes.

But, then Frank just whips out his magnum, and shoots Lucy dead (in graphic detail, 'cos HBO wouldn't care). And Frank says: "hail to the f***in' king, baby." 

Is this turnin' you guys on, or what? :gaba::tongue::WhipMeLucy:

Guest kath

ok,

Lets look at precidents. They came back with spiderman, twice, and the hulk, and x men and batmen forever and ever, and they did reruns of gilligans islands ad nausuim.

They are running out of shows that had followings. Friends is over, Will and grace seems to be over, Buffy is done with, Angel is soon to follow, X files has been filed, what is there left to watch? brimstone??? (blech!)

Millennium was one show that even after it was over, it wasn't over. there are too many world events that would bring it closer to home. They would have to do some recasting. Jordan is what- um a teen ager? her grandparents would probably be dead, he has a sister inlaw whos none too stable, Watts probably isn't dead. there was no trace of anyone else of his family that was dead in the house and I don't see them going quietly, so someone else was shot.

Barry Baldwin is dead. The hollis character was a bit insepid. By now her fathers probably dead as well, and there wouldn't be the hold over her as before.

Now, a show about Jordan coming into the world following her fathers footsteps, that he would mentor her so that she wouldn't take the same dark path as he did would work.

Here's my thing about language freedom and HBO.

I don't get cable, I don't have the dish. I don't get HBO- or showtime. When you have writers, who really CAN write, you don't need to lower your standards with the language. Graphic gore- why is it there. We have a pretty good idea what brains look like when they leave the body at 5:30 pm while the family is having their dinner about the tv.

Millennium that is worth watching doesn't need any of that.

and if any one is interested, I have an original copy of Love is blue on a 45.

Kath

Geeeezzzz, What a speach! Oh but I don't go well with ketchup try mustard.

Anyway, If you are interested in the Jordan has her own show thing then please check out the thread "millennium web episodes". I think this last week everyone seems to be mentioning that Jordan should have a show, well she will in a bit, when were done making it, but I do agree that the language and gore doesnt have to be present for ANY show or movie to be good or better, But I do understand what Lance was saying, I think as an actor when your in the moment its nice to be able to say what your character feels and not what the writter says he should say cause its on T.V.

So to keep this thread on topic! Has anyone found out any new info on the HBO pick up or any network pick up of Millennium? Ive searched and searched and found ....nothing.

-MM

Edited by MovieMaker

We have a pretty good idea what brains look like when they leave the body at 5:30 pm while the family is having their dinner about the tv.

Millennium that is worth watching doesn't need any of that.

and if any one is interested, I have an original copy of Love is blue on a 45.

Kath

EXACTLY. I agree 100%. That was what impressed me so about Millennium. So many shows HAVE to resort to the blood and guts kind of programming, because without it, they don't have a leg to stand on! Millennium proved that you can make top-quality horror without resorting to trying to appeal to the people who just are watching to see when a guy's head gets blown off!  :Gehenna_demon::puke:

Oh, and about the LOVE IS BLUE 45.... :cool-big::thumbsup_big: