XF to MM trivia

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

These aren't trivia in the usual sense, but I picked up these similarities while looking through some XF original/shooting scripts:

XF pilot:

The episode starts off with the girl running through the forest, the strange events, then morphs into the crime scene the following day. In the original and shooting scripts is the following:

"The clear white light begins to fade … the scene re-appearing like a developing Polaroid."

Little Green Men:

The X-Files project has been closed down, Scully's doing teaching at Quantico and Mulder has been assigned to a wiretap job. The episode opens as he's listening to the secret recording of two guys discussing lap dancers – one of whom is referred to as "Tuesday".

Irresistible:

The Agent who calls in Mulder to the crime scene of the disturbed grave, says he first called MUFON (Mutual UFO Network). In the original script, the contact at MUFON is "Mike Atkinson" but this was changed in the aired version to Andi Schnider. A lot of CC's character's names are taken from real people he knows, but those names can't always be used in episodes so perhaps they changed it in this episode, but he got to use the shortened version of "Mike Atkins" in Gehenna.

Guest Laurent.

Wow! Hahaha! I almost can't believe you caught those last two. I like subtle and hard-to-find similarities like this a lot more than when they went for huge blatant winks like the Morley cigarette in The Time Is Now.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...