Woman Vanishes Shortly Before Baby Due

Rate this topic

The Old Man

• Elders (Admins)
Posted by: Raven Wolf Yesterday, 09:24 AM

Reading this just made me sick..... Because I think I know what happened. And, I bet some of you will come to the same conclusion.

https://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/wo...S00010000000001

(you can see her picture at the above link as well)

Updated:2007-06-19 01:47:47

Woman Vanishes Shortly Before Baby Due

By M.R. KROPKO

AP

NORTH CANTON, Ohio (June 19) - A pregnant woman vanished from her home, leaving behind broken furniture, a pool of bleach on the floor and just one witness - a 2-year-old son who told police, "Mommy's crying ... Mommy's in the rug."

Investigators would not elaborate on the meaning of the child's statement, but a bed comforter was missing from Jessie Davis' home.

Authorities said Monday they had no suspects in the disappearance of Davis, 26, who is nine months pregnant.

Davis' mother, Patricia Porter, was the last person to have a conversation with Davis when she spoke to her daughter Wednesday by phone. Police and 60 to 70 volunteers searched over the weekend but found no leads.

"You just feel absolutely numb," Porter said. "I see her picture on television and I think, 'Oh my God, what a beautiful girl.' And then it hits you, 'That's my girl.'"

Porter, 60, discovered the toddler alone when she went to check on her daughter Friday morning. The home's sliding patio door was unlocked, and Davis' car was still at the duplex.

"My God something's wrong!" Porter said in a 911 call. Her daughter "would never, ever" leave the child behind, she told the emergency dispatcher.

Porter also was recorded saying the father of the boy and Davis' unborn daughter, Canton police patrolman Bobby Cutts Jr., was to drop off the boy at the home on Thursday.

Rick Perez, chief deputy at the Stark County Sheriff's Department, would not comment on the relationship between Cutts and Davis. Perez said Cutts and his estranged wife are among those cooperating with investigators.

Cutts, 30, and his wife had at least one child together.

Porter said that when she didn't hear from her daughter Thursday, she went to Davis' home near this northeast Ohio city and found her grandson, Blake, wearing a dirty diaper.

The mattress in Davis' bedroom was partially off the bed, a night stand and lamp had been knocked over and bleach had been poured on the bedroom floor, Porter said.

Davis' son later told detectives: "Mommy was crying. Mommy broke the table. Mommy's in the rug."

Items from Davis' purse were scattered on the kitchen floor. Davis' cell phone also is missing, investigators said.

"Knowing my daughter, she was so immaculate that anything out of place in my mind seemed like shambles," Porter said.

Sheriff's deputies searched Davis' home over the weekend, and then returned Monday evening with FBI agents. They were also spotted at Cutts' home Monday night.

Bobby Cutts Sr., Cutts' father, declined to make more than a brief comment when reached at his home in Orrville Monday evening.

"My son is grown and I don't get involved," he said.

Porter, who is now caring for her grandson, said her daughter planned to name her baby daughter Chloe.

"She was in good spirits," Porter said. "She was excited about the baby. She was getting ready to pack a suitcase for Chloe and for herself. You could see she'd been hanging up the baby clothes."

Police have advised Porter not to ask the boy questions so that any recollections and information come out naturally. She said the toddler has trouble sleeping and refuses to let go of a photo of his mother.

"Whatever comes, comes," Porter said. "He plays a lot. We're not trying to prod him or anything."

Davis is employed by Allstate Insurance at a call center in nearby Hudson, company spokesman Mike Siemienas said Monday.

Co-worker Dianna Piltz sent Davis a text message at 8:15 a.m. on Thursday that wasn't returned.

"We freak out when she's a couple minutes late. She's pregnant, and you always worry about pregnant women," Piltz said.

Neighbors reported they did not notice anything suspicious before the disappearance, Perez said.

A neighbor on Davis' leafy, middle-class street said Davis lived a low-key life.

"Every now and then we'd see her out and about," said Jeff Midkiff, 46. "She would wave, or whatever. She seemed like a very quiet person."

North Canton is south of Cleveland in northeastern Ohio.

In 2000 in nearby Ravenna, a pregnant woman was killed and her baby was cut out by a woman who claimed she was pregnant and took the victim's baby as her own. She killed herself five days later.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

2007-06-18 11:37:56

Posted by: Doll Yesterday, 10:44 AM

The first 2 things that come to mind is that someone wanted her baby or it's someone who is / was involved with the father of the baby.

You never know, maybe some guy who kept asking her out & getting refused, is behind it.

Posted by: The Old Man Yesterday, 12:11 PM

I spotted the link with Forcing the End. I hope it turns out okay.

Posted by: Raven Wolf Today, 12:56 AM

I've got a bad feeling about this case...

Posted by: HighPlainsDrifter Today, 04:40 AM

it sounds alot like what happen here in Missouri some time back. Woman abducted because another woman wanted her unborn baby, but she had a 2yr old that seems to have seen everything. I have a feeling the baby was cut out of her on her bed..........and her body is being disposed of. I pray for a better ending

Posted by: Raven Wolf Today, 10:39 AM

*UPDATE*

https://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/ba...S00010000000001

Baby Found Near Where Woman Disappeared

By JOE MILICIA

AP

Posted: 2007-06-20 01:38:24

CANTON, Ohio (June 20) - A newborn girl was found in a basket on a doorstep 45 miles from where a pregnant woman vanished, authorities said Tuesday.

A DNA sample was taken from the infant and given to authorities investigating the disappearance.

Thomas Maurer, sheriff in neighboring Wayne County, said a doctor determined that the baby was less than 24 hours old. He said he didn't believe the baby was related to the missing woman , Jessie Davis, but that officials were using "every caution we can" to eliminate that possibility.

Davis, 26, who is due July 3 with a baby she planned to name Chloe, has not been heard from since Wednesday evening when she spoke to her mother by phone.

A couple discovered the newborn on the porch of their rural home south of Wooster on Monday night, Maurer said. The baby was dressed in a sleeper. The wicker basket contained a blanket and a bottle of formula, but there was no note, he said.

Don Redman said the infant's umbilical cord had been tied off with a rubber band, and she was sleeping when he and his wife returned home from dinner. He speculated that the baby was left by someone who knew his wife's background as a nurse and board member at a local free clinic.

"My wife has been a school nurse and has dealt with young females in a confidential manner over a number of years," Redman said. "We don't feel at this point that there's any connection (with the missing woman )."

The baby was taken to Wooster Community Hospital, where DNA from the girl was taken using a mouth swab, said Maurer, who drove the sample to investigators in Stark County on Tuesday.

Davis was reported missing on Friday when her mother, Patricia Porter, went to Davis' house in nearby North Canton to check on her and found her grandson, 2-year-old Blake Davis, alone, wearing a dirty diaper in a home with furniture askew. A pool of bleach was on the bedroom floor, and the contents of Davis' purse were scatted in the kitchen. Her cell phone and a comforter were missing .

Blake told investigators: "Mommy was crying. Mommy broke the table. Mommy's in the rug."

The father of Davis' son and unborn girl is Canton police patrolman Bobby Cutts Jr. Authorities searched his northeast Ohio home over the weekend and again Monday night. Officials say they have no suspects in the disappearance.

Cutts told a newspaper he had nothing to do with Davis' disappearance, and that he has slept little and had no appetite since she vanished.

"The last five days have been a nightmare. It won't end," Cutts told The Repository in an interview.

He said he spoke with Davis at 8 p.m. Wednesday, about 90 minutes before she spoke with her mother.

"Hopefully, she'll be found alive," he said.

Cutts, who also has least one child with his wife, said he and his wife were separated but have not filed for divorce. His wife knew he had a relationship with Davis, Cutts said.

A fellow officer said Tuesday that Cutts, who is on leave from his job, had an amicable relationship with Davis.

John Miller, president of the Canton patrolman's union, said Cutts juggled parenthood with the demands of his patrol job on the midnight shift.

"He's a good officer. He's got no problems at work. He treats people well," Miller said.

In 1998, Cutts pleaded no contest to a disorderly conduct charge and was sentenced to three years' probation after a former girlfriend accused him of breaking a door jamb and forcing his way into their home, causing her to fear for her safety, according to a police report from nearby Jackson Township.

About two years after his conviction in the disorderly conduct case, Cutts was hired by the Canton Police Department.

His personnel file also shows he won an appeal to overturn his firing in 2003 when authorities conducting a drug raid on his cousin's home found Cutts' handgun hidden under a mattress. Canton police officials accused Cutts of giving the gun to his cousin for protection and said Cutts was lying when he reported that the gun had been stolen.

A federal arbitrator ordered the city to reinstate the officer, saying Canton police had not proven the allegation.

Davis' family has declined to talk about her relationship with Cutts. Her father, Ned, held back tears Tuesday in an interview, saying he's trying to block out all emotion and focus on his daughter's safe return.

"I'm a dad that wants his daughter back," he said.

Miller accused the Stark County Sheriff's Office of waiting too long to retrieve Davis' cell phone records. The sheriff's department has not discussed whether any clues have been found in cell phone records.

Joe, I recall quite well the case you're talking about. This woman was only days away from giving birth, and right now my thoughts are on the father. At first, I was thinking of the father's estranged wife, but when I read just now that they did not feel there was a connection between this found baby, and the missing mother, I started to wonder.... You see, if you go to the links, and look at the pictures, the mother is obviously white, but her son looks like he could be half black. Now...since they don't feel there is a connection, could that be because the found baby is obviously NOT half black? Could this woman have had an affair with some other man and got pregnant, and somehow this guy found out?

That's just one of the thoughts going on in my head right now......

It's somehow centered on this love triangle. That's the key.

just a not: when born - african american or black babies' skin tone usually look caucasion, i don't recall how long it takes for their complexion to 'right' itself. The only other indicators are facial & hair features (if they're not bald).

Edited by Doll

A sad end.... :down:

I was right about the boyfriend, but wrong in thinking that the other baby who was found on a doorstep was in any way involved.

This just in....

Body Believed to Be Missing Mom's Found

Boyfriend Arrested, Faces Two Counts of Murder

By THOMAS J. SHEERAN

AP

Posted: 2007-06-23 21:42:38

CANTON, Ohio (June 23) - A massive search ended in sadness Saturday when authorities announced they found a body believed to be a pregnant woman who vanished from her home a week earlier. A police officer believed to be the father of the unborn child was arrested on two counts of murder. Jessie Davis, 26, who was due to deliver a baby girl on July 3, was reported missing after her mother found Davis' 2-year-old son home alone, bedroom furniture toppled and bleach spilled on the floor.

Click here for story & to see her picture. Please just look at this beautiful young mother.

The boy gave investigators their first clues. "Mommy was crying. Mommy broke the table. Mommy's in rug," the boy said.

Thousands of volunteers had searched for Davis over several days, while investigators continued to question Bobby Cutts Jr., 30, who is the father of Davis' son but is married to another woman.

Investigators were mum on many details of their work until they announced Cutts was taken into custody Saturday and was to be arraigned on charges of murder in the deaths of Davis and her unborn child.

The Stark County Sheriff's Department also said a woman's body was recovered in Summit County at 3:30 p.m. Authorities did not give a location but said they believed it to be Davis.

Television news footage taken from helicopters above Cuyahoga Valley National Park showed investigators riding off-road vehicles to reach an area that is heavily covered with trees and brush. It also show authorities carrying a body bag on a stretcher and loading it into a white van.

Roger Riggins, an investigator with the Summit County medical examiner's office, confirmed a body was found at the southeast edge of the park, about 25 miles from Davis' home in Lake Township.

Tim Miller, director of Texas EquuSearch, an internationally active search group that organized the volunteer effort, said Davis' mother, Patricia Porter, and other members of her family were called together and told about the body in late afternoon.

"A lot of the community stopped their lives to looked for Jessie and that meant so much to her and the entire family that they knew they were not alone in this," he said.

During the investigation, a newborn baby girl was left on the doorstep of a home in a nearby county, raising questions about whether it belonged to Davis. DNA tests were being conducted when another woman confessed to leaving the child at the home.

An attorney for Davis' mother said the family had a roller coaster ride of emotions and had no comment.

"I've seen them laugh, cry, be angry - everything you can imagine," Rick Pitinii said. "They need to be together, and they need to be alone, and they need to grieve."

Cutts, a Canton police officer since 2000, has said he and his wife are separated and that she knew about the affair with Davis.

Chief Deputy Rick Perez said the case was still being investigated. He would not comment on whether there were any other suspects.

Telephone messages seeking comment were left at the office of Cutts' lawyer, Bradley Iams, and the home and office of the Rev. C.A. Richmond, who is Cutts' pastor. Iams' home number is unlisted. Cutts' wife also did not return a phone call.

Cutts has been on paid administrative leave from his job.

"There is no denying that this has resulted in giving a black eye in the opinion of the local community as well as the opinion of the rest of the nation," Canton Police Chief Dean McKimm said of Cutts' arrest.

The police department had tried to fire Cutts in 2003 when authorities conducting a drug raid on his cousin's home found Cutts' handgun hidden under a mattress. Canton police officials said Cutts gave the gun to his cousin for protection and said Cutts was lying when he reported the gun stolen. A federal arbitrator ordered the city to reinstate the officer, saying police had not proved the allegation.

Cutts pleaded no contest to a disorderly conduct charge in 1998 after he was accused of breaking into the home of a former girlfriend. He was sentenced to three years' probation.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

i just caught the news to see what happen. how horrible. I was watching Geraldo Rivera the other night and he was comparing this to Scott Peterson case. He believes Bobby Cutts Jr did this, i guess we will see how all this unfolds. my heart does go out to her son and mother

A sad end.... :down:

I was right about the boyfriend, ..

I just noticed this article on your topic:

Police: Ex-Classmate of Murder Suspect in Ohio Pregnant-Woman Case Arrested on Justice Charge

06-24-2007 10:31 PM

By JOE MILICIA, Associated Press Writer

CANTON, Ohio (Associated Press) -- A former classmate of a man suspected of murdering a pregnant woman was arrested Sunday on a related obstruction of justice charge, the FBI said.

Myisha Ferrell was arrested one day after the body of 26-year-old Jessie Davis was found in Cuyahoga Valley National Park, still carrying her dead, nearly full-term fetus. The Summit County medical examiner on Sunday confirmed the body was Davis'.

Sheriff's deputies and FBI agents arrested Ferrell after breaking down the door of her apartment and searching the home, agent Scott Wilson said.

The Stark County Sheriff's Department refused to discuss the arrest, saying any information made public would hurt their case. Ferrell was to be arraigned Monday, Wilson said.

Davis, of Lake Township near Canton, was reported missing after her mother found Davis' 2-year-old son, Blake, home alone, with bedroom furniture toppled and bleach spilled on the floor. Blake gave investigators some of their first clues, saying: "Mommy was crying. Mommy broke the table. Mommy's in rug."

Thousands of volunteers searched for Davis for several days, while investigators questioned Bobby Cutts Jr., 30, a police officer who is Davis' boyfriend and has an estranged wife. He is scheduled to be arraigned Monday on charges of murdering Davis and her fetus.

Cutts, of North Canton, is Blake's father, and relatives have said they believed Cutts also fathered the fetus Davis was carrying.

Justin Lindstrom, 27, an upstairs neighbor of Ferrell's, said officers spent two hours searching the woman's apartment Saturday night before leaving with several full, brown paper bags and bottles of bleach from the basement.

Wilson would not describe what the deputies seized or say how Ferrell might have been involved.

Lindstrom said he had not seen the downstairs tenant over the weekend and rarely spoke to the woman, except to ask her to turn her music down. He said he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary around the time Davis disappeared.

"I heard loud noises in the middle of the night, every night," he said.

There was no immediate response to messages seeking comment Sunday from Davis' family members and Cutts' lawyer. Cutts' pastor, the Rev. C.A. Richmond, declined to comment as he entered services in Canton on Sunday.

Lindstrom said he never really hit it off with Ferrell, who lives in the apartment with her 11-year-old daughter.

"She's not exactly your ideal neighbor. She and I haven't gotten along since day one," said Lindstrom, who moved into the building in January. He said she had parties every night.

"We're talking carloads at a time _ four and five carloads _ and until 3 or 4 in the morning," Lindstrom said.

Ferrell worked at a Denny's restaurant until quitting her job Friday, Lindstrom said. A manager at Denny's, who declined to give his name, confirmed that Ferrell had worked there but declined to comment further.

Officials at the Stark County jail said that Ferrell had not been processed and that they had no information about whether she had a lawyer.

Davis' body was found in an area known as Top O' the World because of its elevation. The area contains a dirt road, a small dirt parking area and a couple of benches overlooking a grassy field.

The body was found in that field, said Roger Riggins, an investigator for the medical examiner's office.

Davis' mother has said she planned to name the baby Chloe. Just down the road from where the expectant mother's body was found, someone posted a sign saying, "God bless you Jessie and Chloe, forever in our hearts." People had placed flowers and red and yellow ribbons just below a sign identifying the park.